Subject: Reefknot iCalendar Bootstrap Guide, release 1.0

From: srl <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 00:28:21 -0400 (EDT)

[BCCed to a few lists who are interested in calendaring]

====================================================================
The Reefknot Project would like to announce the release
of our iCalendar Bootstrap Guide version 1.0.
It's now available at:

http://reefknot.sourceforge.net/bootstrap-guide/

The iCalendar Bootstrap Guide is for anyone who's interested in
getting a handle on the iCalendar spec (RFC2445) and its associates.
If you're new to iCalendar, iMIP, iTIP, and/or CAP, this document
will help you get your bearings. It's a gentle introduction to
RFC2445, with pointers to the RFC and (we hope) intelligible
explanations of its major points. If you're looking for a
companion to the IETF's Guide to Internet Calendaring, try this.

If you're interested in knowing what the Reefknot project is
planning for the future--- Perl tools for a range of calendaring and
scheduling applications--- the Bootstrap Guide also covers that.
The Bootstrap Guide is the first thing you need to read if you want
to become a contributor to Reefknot.

We welcome comments and suggestions from the wider community.
Please send them to our developers' list,
[email-masked]. Thanks for your interest.

ABOUT THE REEFKNOT PROJECT:

The Reefknot project is an open-source project to create tools for
standards-compliant shared calendaring in Perl. More information,
including downloads and subscribe information about our developer
and user lists, can be found at http://reefknot.sf.net.

Feel free to forward this announcement without modification to
people you think would be interested.
======================================================================

srl
-- 
Shane R. Landrum         [email-masked]                     "In the end,
you write the book that grabs you by the throat and demands to be written."
                                                          - Salman Rushdie