Subject: RDF calendar workshop, Bristol, UK, 2002-10-09

From: Libby Miller <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 16:47:35 +0100 (BST)

hi,

As part of the SWAD-Europe project[1] we are holding a series of
developer workshops on various topics. The next workshop is going to be
about the Semantic Web and calendaring, and will be held in Bristol, UK
on 9th October 2002. Everyone with an interest in RDF and calendaring is
welcome, although numbers are limited.

Event homepage:
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/Europe/events/200210-cal/

Registration (before 5th October)
http://cgi.w3.org/Register/selectUser.pl?_w3c_meetingName=swad200210cal

Aims:
* to describe usecases for an RDF calendar vocabulary (for example
compatibility with iCalendar, combining other information
with calendar information [2], reasoning, events as an idiom for
describing how things change over time)
* to identify an RDF calendar vocabulary for the usecases
* to identify issues in conversion (for example timezones, repeating
events, date time formats, simplicity, round tripping from iCalendar)

cheers

Libby

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/Europe/
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-calendar/2002Sep/0014.html