Subject: [Fwd: Re: [Fwd: Re: CAP-12-a: Stored queries still?]]

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 11:38:42 -0600

Andrea Campi wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 04, 2003 at 10:29:09AM -0400, [email-masked] wrote:
> 
>>Recently I asked for examples of where its really useful and really has 
>>benefit versus the cost and complexity to CS implementations.  Of the 2 
>>people on the list who wanted to keep them (Doug & Andrea), neither 
>>responded.  Why is that?  Instead of showing a benefit for them, you try 
>>to deflect the issue now by saying already been covered.  In fact, it was 
>>not resolved.
> 
> 
> Just to clarify my personal position: I am in a release frenzy right now,
> so I have almost 0 time to read the list. This subject however caught
> my attention just because I took part in the discussion before.

What about the round trip time to go fetch the VQUERY manually,
then re-submit it as a query? That saves bandwidth and octets
for ALL devices and help slow and memory limited devices.

-- 

  Doug Royer                     |   http://INET-Consulting.com
  -------------------------------|-----------------------------
  [email-masked]                 | Office: (208)612-INET
  http://Royer.com/People/Doug   |    Fax: (866)594-8574
                                 |   Cell: (208)520-4044

                 We Do Standards - You Need Standards