Subject: Re: different calendar scales

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 02:24:11 +0000

I thought I sent this last night, but I don't see it reflected on the list, so 
here it is my proposal again (apologies if it shows up twice):

I propose that CAP 10.7 be revised so that calscale-props is included as a 
required response to the GET-CAPABILITY command, and that any examples for GET-
CAPABILITY be modified to show CALSCALE: GREGORIAN, HEBREW, JALALIL CRLF (or a 
similar list of calendar scales) being returned. 

Having CALSCALE returned will inform any CUA immediately whether or not the CS 
or other CUA has the capability to use a scale other than Gregorian. Any CUA 
can determine if a _particular_ VAGENDA is in a certain scale by using VQUERY 
with a TARGET for that VAGENDA.

This doesn't address the issue of how individual implementations will handle 
the scales, nor does it address recurrence rules. This proposal is merely 
a "minor" change to make CAP able to communicate the capabilities of a 
particular endpoint regarding calendar scales. I feel the response should be 
_mandatory_ because the calendar scale determines so much of how other items 
in CAP are handled.

Tim Hare
Interested Bystander, non-inc.