Subject: iCalendar libraries?

From: "Payod Deshpande" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 12:56:00 +0530

Hello:

I need to add a vCalendar support for a mail client. I want to know if there
are any open source parsers (in JAVA) that I can use.

Secondly, I found libical library on sourceforge.net that implements
RFC2445, RFC2446 and some of RFC2447 and the CAPdraft.
However its in C (but provides JNI interface) for UNIX platform. I want
something similar for Windows. Can anybody help me
to fetch one.

Regards,
Payod

---

From: Stuart Guthrie <[email-masked]>
Date: 16 Sep 2003 20:01:29 +1000

http://www.sf.net/projects/jical

HTH

Stuart Guthrie

On Tue, 2003-09-16 at 17:26, Payod Deshpande wrote:
> !DSPAM:3f66ce65144322507721208!
-- 
Stuart Guthrie <[email-masked]>
Eureka IT Pty Ltd

---

From: "G. Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 17:30:31 -0700 (PDT)

> are any open source parsers (in JAVA) that I can use.

We have some iCalendar support in our open source Java calendaring
system, UW Calendar.  See <http://www.washington.edu/ucal>.
Look in calendar/src/edu/washington/cac/calendar/{uwical,icalendar}.
It may help.  Or it may not.

It all kind of depends on what you want your input and output to be.
You parse some iCalendar text, and what do you want to come out the
other side?

			Greg Barnes
			Computing and Communications, University of Washington
			[email-masked]
			(206) 685-3295