Subject: [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-royer-calsch-dynamic-upn-01.txt]

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2003 11:27:59 -0600

FYI

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-royer-calsch-dynamic-upn-01.txt
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2003 12:59:15 -0400
From: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: IETF-Announce: ;

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: How to create dynamic UPNs for invited ATTENDEEs
	Author(s)	: D. Royer
	Filename	: draft-royer-calsch-dynamic-upn-01.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 2003-9-2
	
This is an extension to the [CAP] protocol and can be used within
[iTIP] objects. A CU may wish to invite a UPN to an event where the
UPN does not have a account on the CU's CS. This memo describes two
methods to dynamically create UPNs in order for those UPNs to gain
access to the 'Organizers' CS.
This memo also includes a description of how to include an [OTP]
challenge in an object directed to a CU. The CUA must compute the
password in order to respond to the object. This challenge and its
response can be sent in the clear as the values are computed using a
secret that would not be known to anyone snooping the line.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-royer-calsch-dynamic-upn-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-royer-calsch-dynamic-upn-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-royer-calsch-dynamic-upn-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

-- 

  Doug Royer                     |   http://INET-Consulting.com
  -------------------------------|-----------------------------
  [email-masked]                 | Office: (208)612-INET
  http://Royer.com/People/Doug   |    Fax: (866)594-8574
                                 |   Cell: (208)520-4044

                 We Do Standards - You Need Standards