Subject: [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-royer-rid-ical-00.txt]

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 13:18:25 -0600

This is an attempt to start documenting all of the RECURRENCE-ID issues.
In -00 I did not represent the 'FIXED' camp very well as I do
not fully understand it and so it is missing examples.

I hope this will evolve into a document that describes ways
that different models will interact and how to make them
interact in useful ways. I also hope this will evolve
into how to migrate to some workable common usage.

As it states in the first part of the draft, I expect it
to get blasted. But the intent is to gather information
so that things  can be documented and resolutions found.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-royer-rid-ical-00.txt
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 10:39:08 -0400
From: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: IETF-Announce: ;

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: RECURRENCE-ID in iCal
	Author(s)	: D. Royer
	Filename	: draft-royer-rid-ical-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 2003-9-4
	
The initial version of this draft are going to be controversial.  The
idea is to develope ways to make the various ways of using the [iCAL]
and [iTIP] 'RECURRENCE-ID' property work between vendors.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-royer-rid-ical-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-royer-rid-ical-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-royer-rid-ical-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

-- 

  Doug Royer                     |   http://INET-Consulting.com
  -------------------------------|-----------------------------
  [email-masked]                 | Office: (208)612-INET
  http://Royer.com/People/Doug   |    Fax: (866)594-8574
                                 |   Cell: (208)520-4044

                 We Do Standards - You Need Standards