Subject: [ietf-calsify] Protocol Action: 'iCalendar Message-Based Interoperability Protocol (iMIP)' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 12:30:36 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'iCalendar Message-Based Interoperability Protocol (iMIP)'
  <draft-ietf-calsify-rfc2447bis-11.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Calendaring and Scheduling Standards
Simplification Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Peter Saint-Andre and Alexey Melnikov.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-calsify-rfc2447bis/

Technical Summary

   This document, iCalendar Message-Based Interoperability Protocol
   (iMIP), specifies a binding from the iCalendar Transport-independent
   Interoperability Protocol (iTIP) to Internet email-based transports.
   Calendaring entries defined by the iCalendar Object Model (iCalendar)
   are wrapped using constructs from RFC 5322 and MIME (RFC 2045, RFC
   2046, RFC 2047 and RFC 2049), and then transported over SMTP.  If
   approved, this document will obsolete RFC 2447.

Working Group Summary

   This document is a product of the CALSIFY WG.  It received reviews by
   several WG participants in prior to and during Working Group Last Call,
   with rough consensus that the changes from RFC 2447 are appropriate.

Document Quality

   The CALSIFY WG and the responsible area director have deemed the
   document to be of good quality.

Personnel

   The Working Group chair is Eliot Lear. The responsible area director is 
   Peter Saint-Andre.

RFC Editor Note

Add the following text to the document header:

  Obsoletes: RFC 2447

In Section 1:

OLD:
  This binding document provides the transport specific information
  necessary to convey iCalendar Transport-independent Interoperability
  Protocol (iTIP) [iTIP] over Internet email (using MIME) as defined in
  [RFC-5322] and [RFC-2045].

NEW:

  This document provides the transport specific information ("binding")
  necessary to convey iCalendar Transport-independent Interoperability
  Protocol (iTIP) [iTIP] over Internet email (using MIME) as defined in
  [RFC-5322] and [RFC-2045].

_______________________________________________
ietf-calsify mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.osafoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-calsify

---

From: Eliot Lear <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 22:08:19 +0200

Congratulations to Alexey for this milestone. 

With this milestone completed, it is anticipated that the calsify group
will close.  Discussion on futures should be held on the calsify mailing
list ([email-masked]).

Regards,

Eliot