Subject: [Captive-portals] Moving this all along - a BoF in Prague?

From: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2015 20:11:10 -0400

Hi all,

So, we seemed to have significant interest in this topic (or, at least
we did in Dallas).

It seemed that we had general consensus in the room that the
interaction with captive portals left much to be desired, and it
seemed that there were a significant number of people who were
interested in working on improving this. We also have 65 people on the
mailing list....

So, Mark and I have been chatting -- is there interest in us having an
"official" BoF in Prague, with the intention of possibly forming a WG?
If there is significant support for this, we will approach ADs and ask
nicely, but we would need to so this very soon...

So, speak up if you a: think was should have a BoF or b: think it is
much too early or c: you have any other (hopefully relevant) views...

W

-- 
I don't think the execution is relevant when it was obviously a bad
idea in the first place.
This is like putting rabid weasels in your pants, and later expressing
regret at having chosen those particular rabid weasels and that pair
of pants.
   ---maf

---

From: joel jaeggli <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2015 17:54:07 -0700

You can begin filling in the bof wiki whenever you find convenient.

Barry has some interest I imagine, I do as well.

thanks
joel

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2015 21:47:01 -0400

> Barry has some interest I imagine, I do as well.

I do, and I will be happy to have it in the App area.  I think that's
where it belongs, but I'm OK with having Joel take it if he prefers.

Yes, please do fill in the BoF wiki.

Warren, would you like to chair the BoF (perhaps co- with Mark)?  Or
would you rather be on the floor doing the technical portion?

Barry

---

From: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2015 12:07:53 -0400

>> You can begin filling in the bof wiki whenever you find convenient.

Will do....

> would you rather be on the floor doing the technical portion?

I'm fine to chair this. Mark, are you willing to be the other monkey?

W

---

From: Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2015 09:59:07 +1000

Sorry, been travelling and this got filtered into a less-urgent mailbox.

> On 23 Apr 2015, at 2:07 am, Warren Kumari <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 

Sure.

> _______________________________________________
> Captive-portals mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/captive-portals

--
Mark Nottingham   https://www.mnot.net/