Subject: [Captive-portals] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-ekwk-capport-rfc7710bis-02.txt

From: Erik Kline <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2019 14:10:14 -0700

I forgot to forward this after uploading the -03.

This version has some more text about the link relation alternative.

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2019 at 14:09
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-ekwk-capport-rfc7710bis-02.txt
To: Erik Kline <[email-masked]>, Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-ekwk-capport-rfc7710bis-02.txt
has been successfully submitted by Erik Kline and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-ekwk-capport-rfc7710bis
Revision:       02
Title:          Captive-Portal Identification in DHCP / RA
Document date:  2019-03-11
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          10
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ekwk-capport-rfc7710bis-02.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ekwk-capport-rfc7710bis/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ekwk-capport-rfc7710bis-02
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ekwk-capport-rfc7710bis
Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ekwk-capport-rfc7710bis-02

Abstract:
   In many environments offering short-term or temporary Internet access
   (such as coffee shops), it is common to start new connections in a
   captive portal mode.  This highly restricts what the customer can do
   until the customer has authenticated.

   This document describes a DHCP option (and a Router Advertisement
   (RA) extension) to inform clients that they are behind some sort of
   captive-portal device, and that they will need to authenticate to get
   Internet access.  It is not a full solution to address all of the
   issues that clients may have with captive portals; it is designed to
   be used in larger solutions.  The method of authenticating to, and
   interacting with the captive portal is out of scope of this document.

   [ This document is being collaborated on in Github at:
   https://github.com/wkumari/draft-ekwk-capport-rfc7710bis.  The most
   recent version of the document, open issues, etc should all be
   available here.  The authors (gratefully) accept pull requests.  Text
   in square brackets will be removed before publication. ]

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat