Subject: [Captive-portals] I-D Action: draft-ietf-capport-rfc7710bis-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2019 20:21:33 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Captive Portal Interaction WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Captive-Portal Identification in DHCP / RA
        Authors         : Warren Kumari
                          Erik Kline
	Filename        : draft-ietf-capport-rfc7710bis-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2019-07-02

Abstract:
   In many environments offering short-term or temporary Internet access
   (such as coffee shops), it is common to start new connections in a
   captive portal mode.  This highly restricts what the customer can do
   until the customer has authenticated.

   This document describes a DHCP option (and a Router Advertisement
   (RA) extension) to inform clients that they are behind some sort of
   captive-portal device, and that they will need to authenticate to get
   Internet access.  It is not a full solution to address all of the
   issues that clients may have with captive portals; it is designed to
   be used in larger solutions.  The method of authenticating to, and
   interacting with the captive portal is out of scope of this document.

   [ This document is being collaborated on in Github at:
   https://github.com/wkumari/draft-ekwk-capport-rfc7710bis.  The most
   recent version of the document, open issues, etc should all be
   available here.  The authors (gratefully) accept pull requests.  Text
   in square brackets will be removed before publication. ]

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-capport-rfc7710bis/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-capport-rfc7710bis-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-capport-rfc7710bis-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/