Subject: [Captive-portals] CAPPORT Experiment for IETF107.

From: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2020 17:13:12 -0500

Hi there CAPPORT,

Just a quick note that we are planning on doing another CAPPORT
experiment at IETF107.

See https://www.mail-archive.com/[email-masked]/msg00680.html
for previous experiment announcement, and "Don't Panic" disclaimer....

This time we intend having a separate, hidden "Experiments" SSID, and
a captive portal device.
We will be announcing the CAPPORT information using DHCP Option 114,
and, thanks to Clemens Schimpe, probably also RAs.

As with all experiments, this is "best effort" only - running the IETF
network comes first, and the experiment will be disabled if is causes
any issues... As it is an opt-in experiment on a hidden ssid I don't
expect any issues, but $disclaimer required :-)

W
-- 
I don't think the execution is relevant when it was obviously a bad
idea in the first place.
This is like putting rabid weasels in your pants, and later expressing
regret at having chosen those particular rabid weasels and that pair
of pants.
   ---maf