Subject: [Captive-portals] I-D Action: draft-ietf-capport-rfc7710bis-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2020 15:52:30 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Captive Portal Interaction WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Captive-Portal Identification in DHCP / RA
        Authors         : Warren Kumari
                          Erik Kline
	Filename        : draft-ietf-capport-rfc7710bis-03.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2020-03-30

Abstract:
   In many environments offering short-term or temporary Internet access
   (such as coffee shops), it is common to start new connections in a
   captive portal mode.  This highly restricts what the customer can do
   until the customer has authenticated.

   This document describes a DHCP option (and a Router Advertisement
   (RA) extension) to inform clients that they are behind some sort of
   captive-portal enforcement device, and that they will need to
   authenticate to get Internet access.  It is not a full solution to
   address all of the issues that clients may have with captive portals;
   it is designed to be used in larger solutions.  The method of
   authenticating to, and interacting with the captive portal is out of
   scope of this document.

   RFC7710 used DHCP code point 160.  Due to a conflict, this document
   specifies TBD.

   [ This document is being collaborated on in Github at:
   https://github.com/capport-wg/7710bis.  The most recent version of
   the document, open issues, etc should all be available here.  The
   authors (gratefully) accept pull requests.  Text in square brackets
   will be removed before publication. ]

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-capport-rfc7710bis/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-capport-rfc7710bis-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-capport-rfc7710bis-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-capport-rfc7710bis-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/