Subject: [Captive-portals] Murray Kucherawy's No Objection on draft-ietf-capport-api-07: (with COMMENT)

From: Murray Kucherawy via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2020 00:45:28 -0700

Murray Kucherawy has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-capport-api-07: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-capport-api/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Nice work.

A couple of points on the IANA registrations:

Section 8.1: The "Interoperability Considerations" text isn't quite what I
think is anticipated by RFC 6838.  Given what you're saying there against what
Section 6.2 of that document says, I think you could just have "None" here, but
either way I suggest it's worth a second look.

Section 8.2: I suggest either having a column dedicated to recording the
specification (since the Designated Expert is supposed to ensure there is one),
or explicitly encourage that it be referenced in the Description column.