Subject: [Capwap] Document Action: 'Architecture Taxonomy for Control and Provisioning of Wireless Access Points(CAPWAP)' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 18:16:43 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Architecture Taxonomy for Control and Provisioning of Wireless Access 
   Points(CAPWAP) '
   <draft-ietf-capwap-arch-06.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Control And Provisioning of Wireless 
Access Points Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Bert Wijnen and David Kessens.

Technical Summary

  This document provides a taxonomy of the architectures employed in
  the existing IEEE 802.11 products in the market, by analyzing WLAN
  (Wireless LAN) functions and services and describing the different
  variants in distributing these functions and services among the
  architectural entities.

Working Group Summary

  The working group has consensus to publish this document as an
  Informational RFC. The document was also submitted to IEEE 802.11
  for review and feedback has been incorporated.

Protocol Quality
 
  Bert wijnen has reviewed this document for the IESG.

_______________________________________________
Capwap mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mail.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap