Subject: [Capwap] IEEE Review of Objectives draft.

From: "Mani, Mahalingam (Mahalingam)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 12:51:12 -0600

All:

The IEEE 802.11 and related wireless WG's met for interim sessions last
week (15-20 May 2005) at Cairns, Australia.

The IEEE 802.11 WG Chair's AP Functions AdHoc Committee (APF AHC),
headed by Dorothy Stanley, had started the review on
draft-ietf-capwap-objectives-02 soon after its announcement  and have
gone through a thorough and systematic review of the draft.

The review comments and letter describing the review conclusions are
included in the document which is now posted in the  webpage. The
document link (http://www.capwap.org/) is available on the main page as
EEE Review of Objectives(-02) draft
<http://www.capwap.org/11-05-0347-03-ietf-letter-and-review-comments-cap
wap-objectives-draft.doc> .

Some CAPWAP WG participants (with access to IEEE 802.11 documents) may
have already noted this in the IEEE website
(http://www.802wirelessworld.com).

We thank IEEE 802.11 WG chair for facilitating the APF AHC review and
Dorothy Stanley and the APF AHC she chairs for the diligent critical
review and thorough comments.

The WG and authors please take this review into consideration.

[Should there be difficulty reading the word document do let us know].

Regards,

-Chairs

---

From: Behcet Sarikaya <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 17:16:33 -0700

Dear all,
  We have submitted a draft called draft-sarikaya-capwap-capwaphp-00
entitled CAPWAP Handover Protocol (CAPWAPHP)
until it gets to IETF draft repositories, the draft can be accessed from:
http://web.unbc.ca/~sarikaya/publications/I-Ds/draft-sarikaya-capwap-capwaphp-00.txt

after a couple of days, it should be accessed from:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sarikaya-capwap-capwaphp-00.txt
 
  The abstract of the draft follows:
This document describes the Control And Provisioning of Wireless
   Access Points (CAPWAP) Handover Protocol (CAPWAPHP) which is a
   protocol allowing the access controller of CAPWAP Working Group
   architecture to anchor and  manage 802.11 handovers of the stations
   between a collection of wireless Access Points.  The protocol, like
   IEEE's IAPP aims to ensure that a station is connected to a single
   access point and provides an efficient context transfer mechanism
   during handover using neighbor graphs.  CAPWAPHP is local MAC/ Split
   MAC/ remote MAC agnostic and can be transported by LWAPP, CTP, WiCoP
   or SLAPP.

Hoping that the draft will somehow contribute to the evaluation process,
Regards,
--behcet

_______________________________________________
Capwap mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mail.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap