Subject: [Capwap] Document Action: 'Evaluation of Candidate CAPWAP Protocols' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 10:31:34 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Evaluation of Candidate CAPWAP Protocols '
   <draft-ietf-capwap-eval-00.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Control And Provisioning of Wireless AccessPoints Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Bert Wijnen and David Kessens.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-capwap-eval-00.txt

Technical Summary
 
   This document is a record of the process and findings of the
   Configuration and Provisioning of Wireless Access Points Working
   Group (CAPWAP WG) evaluation team.  The evaluation team reviewed
   the four candidate protocols as they were submitted to the working
   group on the 26th of June, 2005. 
  
WG Summary

   this has been a non-controversial, albeit preceded by a highly
   contentious phase.  It has in itself raised no distinct
   controversies and some intermediate concerns related to
   correctness in interpretation of some protocol draft features
   were cleared prior to the issuance of this document.

Protocol quality

   This document has been reviewed for the IESG by Bert Wijnen.

   The document is intended as Informational RFC, so there was no
   IETF Last Call.

Note to RFC Editor
 
The first 2 references in sect 10 are:
   [ARCH]     Yang, L., Zerfos, P., and E. Sadot, "Architecture Taxonomy
              for Control and Provisioning of Wireless Access
              Points(CAPWAP)", November 2004.

   [OBJ]      Govindan, S., Yao, ZH., Zhou, WH., Yang, L., and H. Cheng,
              "Objectives for Control and Provisioning of Wireless
              Access Points (CAPWAP)", June 2005.

The first one is already published as RFC4118.
The second one has entered (or will enter) your RFC-Editor queue at
about the same tome as this document. So you probably can add a
RFC number as well.

Further, the following documents may get submitted as independent 
submissions, in which case you may want to use RFC numbers for
them as well. However, if you have not received such requests by
the time you are ready to publis this document as an RFC, then 
please do not wait with publication and keep references as is.

   [CTP]      Singh , I., Francisco, P., Pakulski , K., and F. Backes ,
              "CAPWAP Tunneling Protocol (CTP)", April 2005.

   [LWAPP]    Calhoun, P., O'Hara, B., Kelly, S., Suri, R., Williams,
              M., Hares, S., and N. Cam Winget, "Light Weight Access
              Point Protocol (LWAPP)", March 2005.

   [SLAPP]    Narasimhan, P., Harkins, D., and S. Ponnuswamy, "SLAPP :
              Secure Light Access Point Protocol", May 2005.

   [WICOP]    Iino, S., Govindan, S., Sugiura, M., and H. Cheng,
              "Wireless LAN Control Protocol (WiCoP)", March 2005.

IANA Note

  There are no actions to be performed by IANA.

_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap