Subject: [Capwap] Discovery operation in CAPWAP

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 12:11:38 +0530

Hi,

CAPWAP Packet Formats described in section 4 (P#26) in the CAPWAP Protocol
Specification states that:
* For Data packers DTLS security is optional
* For Control pakcets DTLS security is required

Once Discovery phase completes, WTP will send ClientHello to its preferred
AC and wait for outcome of DTLS handshake. At the end of this handshake,
secured channel is established between AC and WTP.

I have a query regarding discovery operation. DTLS phase starts after
discovery phase (as per CAPWAP State Machine in section 2.2). If that is the
case, how can we send a discovery request, which is a control packet, with
DTLS header?

With Best Regards,
M.S. Basker
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap