Subject: [Capwap] Addition to SM and Configure States

From: sujay <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 11:45:02 +0530

There are some comments w.r.t to the new capwap specs;

1. It is not clear as to how in the State Machine transition , the WTP
moves to Image Data State,
Since the Join - Join Configure stages are skipped, the Image Data else
Configuration to Run states have to be accomodated after the DTLS 
complete state.

2. As the AC does not maintain any state information of the AP until
DTLS complete
 some information which was sent by the WTP during Discovery phase gets
lost
 it is required by the AC to make Configuration and WTP acceptance
decisions.

This information was being send previously in the Join Request /
response message
Exchanges.

Recommendation would be;

1. Add the following elements to Configure Request and Response;

WTP Radio Info - As defined in Section 5.1.2
WTP Descriptor - As defined in Section 5.1.3

In the Configure Request Message.

And;

Result Code - As defined in Section 7.5.1

In the Configure Response Message.

2. Change the SM to;

       DTLS Reset
              ^
               |
       Image Data
                ^
                 |
         Configure ----> Run
               ^
                 |
---> DTLS complete

Where the WTP decides on Image loading based on the version information
obtained in
the Configure State, If Image Data is not required moves to Run.

Any  comments ?

Regds,
Sujay

_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap