Subject: [Capwap] Issue 45: Combining messages

From: "Saravanan Govindan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 09:30:10 +0800

Dear All,

I'd like to re-introduce text proposal for this issue. Following from
Richard Gwee's presentation in IETF65, it is clear that overhead is
reduced by combining statistics information with Echo Request exchanges.

----oooo----

In section 6.1 Echo Request, introduce a "Statistics" message element
with the following fields.

      0                   1                   2                   3

      0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1

     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

     |          WTP Load             |     WTP Transmit Queue        |

     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

     |    Channel Interference       |          Congestion           |

     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Type: TBD

WTP Load: A 16-bit value specifying the load (frames/sec) exchanged by
the WTP.

WTP Transmit Queue: A 16-bit value specifying the prevailing queue level
as a 

     portion of total queue size.

Channel Interference: A 16-bit value specifying SINR (dB) monitored by
the WTP.

Congestion: A 16-bit value specifying the congestion experienced by the
WTP.

----xxxx----

Cheers,

Saravanan

_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap