Subject: [Capwap] Editorial question - Location of Message elements

From: "Dorothy Stanley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 09:40:44 -0800

All,

In the -00 draft, the CAPWAP message elements are defined in multiple
sections, specifically the section defining
the first message in which a particular message element appears.

I propose to collect all of the message element definitions in a single
section, so that there is
one place where they are all defined, and can easily be found.

Is there any objection to proceeding with this editorial change?

At the CAPWAP meeting on Monday, there seemed to be support for this
approach, with
Pat noting that he LWAPP draft at one point was organized this way, but was
then changed, due to
comments received. So, comments please on this proposed editorial change to
the CAPWAP  draft specification.

Thanks,

Dorothy

-----------------
Dorothy Stanley
Aruba Networks
630-363-1389 (cell) 630-836-9734 (office)
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap

---

From: "Saravanan Govindan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 08:52:04 +0800

Dorothy,

I think structuring all the message elements in a single section is very
useful. It helps make reading easier. 

Saravanan

 

________________________________

From: Dorothy Stanley [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, March 23, 2006 1:41 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Capwap] Editorial question - Location of Message elements

All,

At the CAPWAP meeting on Monday, there seemed to be support for this
approach, with
Pat noting that he LWAPP draft at one point was organized this way, but
was then changed, due to 
comments received. So, comments please on this proposed editorial change
to the CAPWAP  draft specification.

Thanks,

Dorothy

-----------------
Dorothy Stanley
Aruba Networks

---

From: "Bob O'Hara (boohara)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 17:03:58 -0800

Well, we shouldn't consolidate ALL the message elements in one section.
I think that the elements used in the base protocol should be
consolidated in one section and those for the 802.11 binding in another.

 -Bob

From: Saravanan Govindan [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, March 27, 2006 4:52 PM
To: Dorothy Stanley; [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [Capwap] Editorial question - Location of Message elements

Dorothy,

Saravanan

 

All,

Thanks,

Dorothy

-----------------
Dorothy Stanley
Aruba Networks