Subject: [Capwap] Objectives Draft

From: "Mani, Mahalingam (Mani)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 09:11:00 -0700

Saravanan has posted the proposed changes to Objectives draft - in
response to the DISCUSSes and COMMENTs from IESG.

We think the changes are benign editorial and/or technical
clarifications and not require another draft-revision.

We intend to submit the text clarifications to the ADs (to IESG) after
Friday (3/10/06). Do let us know if you have any concerns, comments by
then.

Regards,

-mani & Dorothy

_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap

---

From: Behcet Sarikaya <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 13:20:00 -0600

Dear all,
  I would like to raise this issue within the framework of the draft we 
submitted to CAPWAP. I already raised it with the chairs.
  The issue is whether roaming/ handover is within the scope of CAPWAP.
I checked with the latest protocol spec :
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-capwap-protocol-specification-00.txt
in Sec. 11.2 there is a discussion of roaming stations.
  If the roaming is out of scope, I suggest that all roaming references 
be removed from the spec and this issue be left to further work.
  If the roaming is in the scope then I'll appreciate comments on our draft
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sarikaya-capwap-capwaphp-01.txt
which presents a more comprehensive solution.
Regards,

--behcet