Subject: [Capwap] Proposal for updated State Machine

From: "David T. Perkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 08:24:03 -0800 (PST)

HI,

Below is a proposal for an updated state machine:

   /-------------\                                                    
   |             v                                                      
   |       +------------+                                               
   |       | WTP-start  |<---------------------------------------+      
   |       +------------+                                       |       
   |        ^    |a                                             |       
   |        |    |                            y                 |       
   |        |    |              +-------------+------------+    |       
   |        |    |              |             | DTLS-rekey |    |       
   |        |    |              |  +--------->+------------+    |       
   |        |    |              |  |                  |6        ^       
   |        |    |              V  | x                V         |       
   |        |    |        +--------+--+       +------------+    |       
   |       /     |        |    Run    |------>| DTLS-Reset |<---|----\  
   |     /       |       r+-----------+     u +------------+    |     | 
   |    /        |              ^                ^     v|       |     | 
   |   |         v              |                |      |       |     | 
   |   |   +--------------+     |          /----/       V       |     | 
   |   |   |  Discovery   |    q|        k|           +-------+ |     | 
   |   |  b+--------------+    +-------------+        | Reset |-+ w   | 
   |   |     |d     f|  ^      |  Configure  |<--\    +-------+       | 
   |   |     |       |  |      +-------------+   |                    | 
   |   |e    v       |  |                        \----------\         | 
   |  +---------+    v  |i                                  |2        | 
   |  | Sulking |   +------------+    +--------------+    +---------+ | 
   |  +---------+   | DTLS-Init  |--->| DTLS-Complete|--->| Config1 | | 
   |                +------------+ z  +--------------+ x3 +---------+ | 
   |                   |h  ^                               |4         | 
   |                   |   |                               v        o / 
    \                  |   |                    +------------+-------/  
     \-----------------/   |x2                  | Image Data |          
                         +----------+           +------------+n
                         | AC-Start |           
                       x1+----------+           

Changes:
1) Removed the "C" in all states
2) Renamed state "Idle" to "WTP start"
3) Removed transition "t" from "Run" to "WTP start(Idle)"
4) Added state "AC start" and "x1" and "x2"
   States:
     WTP-Start - the "start state" for WTPs
     AC-Start - the "start state for ACs
   Transitions:
     x1 - AC-Start to AC-Start - the AC recieves a Discover
          request message and responds with a Discovery
          response message
     x2 - AC-Start to DTLS-Init - the AC does this transition
          when it receives a ClientHello from a WTP 
5) Added start "Config1", renamed state "Configure" to "Config2",
   moved transition "2" from "DTLS-Complete" to "Configure"
   to "Config1" to "Config2", added transition "x3", and
   moved transition "4" from "DTL-Complete" to "Image Data"
   to "Config1" to "Image Data". The results are:
   States:
     Config1 - image version determination for the WTP
     Config2 - the "complete" initial configuration of
               a WTP
   Transitions:
     x3 - the DTLS session is established transition to
          state where the AC determines
          the WTP physical configuration, and the list of
          images available on the WTP, and the image that
          the WTP is running. 
     2 - The AC determined that the image that the WTP is
         running is appropriate and proceeds to a state
         to set the initial configuration of the WTP.
     4 - The AC determined that either that the WTP needs
         a new image, or that the WTP needs to be running
         a different image. Thus, it proceeds to a state
         to put (if needed) a new image on the WTP and
         set it to be used after the WTP resets.

Regards,
/david t. perkins

_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap