Subject: [Capwap] Figure 1 - Generic figure for CAPWAP architecture

From: "Saravanan Govindan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 14:51:05 +0800

Hi All,

I was finally read through the new CAPWAP Specifications draft. I think
we have a very good start with this draft. 

This note is regarding Figure 1 "Representative CAPWAP Architecture for
Split-MAC" on page 7. I think it will be good to use a generic figure
that shows the CAPWAP architecture for both split-MAC and local-MAC. 

How about the following?

+-+                          (SM)  +-+

| |--------------------------------| |

| |          \802.11 frames        | |

| |           \                    | |

| |        (LM)\                   | | 

| |             \+-+               | |

| |              | |               | |

| |--------------| |---------------| |

| |  802.11 PHY/ | |   CAPWAP      | |

| | MAC sublayer | |               | |

+-+              +-+               +-+

STA              WTP                AC

The last sentence of the 2nd paragraph of the Introduction can be
modified to explain this.

'Figure 1 illustrates this ...... to an IEEE 802.11 binding, "in which
paths for Split-MAC (SM) and Local-MAC (LM) designs are shown."

Cheers,

Saravanan 

_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap

---

From: Michael Montemurro <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 12:31:20 -0500

Saravanan,
 
I've captured this item on the issues list as a bug. The issue number is
77.
 
Cheers,
 
    Mike

  _____  

From: Saravanan Govindan [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: March 3, 2006 1:51 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Capwap] Figure 1 - Generic figure for CAPWAP architecture

Hi All,

I was finally read through the new CAPWAP Specifications draft. I think we
have a very good start with this draft. 

This note is regarding Figure 1 "Representative CAPWAP Architecture for
Split-MAC" on page 7. I think it will be good to use a generic figure that
shows the CAPWAP architecture for both split-MAC and local-MAC. 

How about the following?

+-+                          (SM)  +-+

| |          \802.11 frames        | |

| |           \                    | |

| |        (LM)\                   | | 

| |             \+-+               | |

| |              | |               | |

| | MAC sublayer | |               | |

+-+              +-+               +-+

STA              WTP                AC

The last sentence of the 2nd paragraph of the Introduction can be modified
to explain this.

'Figure 1 illustrates this ...... to an IEEE 802.11 binding, "in which paths
for Split-MAC (SM) and Local-MAC (LM) designs are shown."

Cheers,

Saravanan