Subject: [Capwap] Publication of capwap-protocol-specification-03 and capwap-protocol-binding-ieee80211-00

From: "Dorothy Stanley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 13:57:40 -0700

All,

We have submitted the following two documents for publication as internet
drafts:

draft-ietf-capwap-protocol-specification-03, and
draft-ietf-capwap-protocol-binding-ieee80211-00

thus they should be available shortly. A few notes on the split documents:

- The -00 binding specification includes largely what was in -02
section 11, the 802.11 related security sections, WLAN related
terminology and references.
- The -00 binding abstract, introduction and goals
were adapted from the base spec.
-  The -00 binding author/acknowledgement sections are TBD, for the next
version.
- Since the 802.11 e and i amendments will no longer exist as separate
documents after the completion of 802.11-REVma, expected in Nov 2006,
the use of "i" and "e" is changed to refer to 802.11, with the exception of
the references,
which will be updated when -REVma is available.
- The CAPWAP base specification now has no reference to the
details of 802.11. There are still references to the wireless binding
identifier in the control message section, and where there is
reference to 802.11, 802.16 and EPCglobal are now added.

These two documents incorporate resolutions for the following issues:

85
141,143, 150, 158, 160,162, 166, 170, 171, 182, 184, 193
201, 202, 204, 208, 209, 210, 213, 215,220, 225

The following issues will be closed - no change to the text:

82,
145, 151, 154, 155, 156, 157, 163, 164, 165, 167, 169, 172, 173, 174, 176,
178, 179,
180, 185, 186, 188, 189, 192, 195, 197, 198

We will be updating the issues list, available at
http://www.capwap.org with all of the resolutions shortly. Please
refer to the issues list for details of the closed  issues and their
resolutions.

Thank you from the editors to all of those who have contributed to the
resolution of these comments, and the improvement of the drafts.

Dorothy Stanley, Pat Calhoun and Mike Montemurro
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap