Subject: [Capwap] CAPWAP for 802.11r

From: Behcet Sarikaya <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 02:43:25 -0500

Pat and all,

The link:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sarikaya-capwap-fastbss-00.txt
is now on.

Regards,

--behcet

----- Original Message ----
From: Pat Calhoun (pacalhou) <[email-masked]>
To: Behcet Sarikaya <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, October 16, 2006 7:01:11 PM
Subject: RE: [Capwap] CAPWAP for 802.11r

ok, I will once it becomes available.

Pat Calhoun
CTO, Wireless Networking Business Unit
Cisco Systems

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    *From:* Behcet Sarikaya [mailto:[email-masked]]
    *Sent:* Monday, October 16, 2006 4:41 PM
    *To:* Pat Calhoun (pacalhou); [email-masked]
    *Subject:* Re: [Capwap] CAPWAP for 802.11r

    Pat,

    ----- Original Message ----
    From: Pat Calhoun (pacalhou) <[email-masked]>
    To: Behcet Sarikaya <[email-masked]>; [email-masked]
    Sent: Monday, October 16, 2006 1:02:43 PM
    Subject: RE: [Capwap] CAPWAP for 802.11r

    Behcet,
     
    I believe we've discussed this idea a few times, and I am still
    unsure why we believe CAPWAP needs to define anything to support
    TGr. The current CAPWAP protocol is sufficient to support the
    upcoming standard.

    ==>
    The basis is there but we need several extensions.
    Please read the draft and comment, then we can make a more informed
    decision, I think.

    Pat Calhoun
    CTO, Wireless Networking Business Unit
    Cisco Systems

    Regards,

    --behcet

        ------------------------------------------------------------------------
        *From:* Behcet Sarikaya [mailto:[email-masked]]
        *Sent:* Saturday, October 14, 2006 8:33 AM
        *To:* [email-masked]
        *Subject:* [Capwap] CAPWAP for 802.11r

        Dear all,
          I submitted a draft on CAPWAP Roaming Protocol in 802.11R Domains.
        It should be available soon at the following link:

        http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sarikaya-capwap-fastbss-00.txt

        Regards,

        Behcet

_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap

---

From: Charles Clancy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 21:49:29 -0400

Behcet,

CAPWAP has not yet defined how 11r FT and reassociation packets are 
tunneled for Local and Split MAC.  Your assumption is that in Local MAC 
they would be processed at the WTP.  However, if they are processed by 
the AC (just as the current four-way-handshake packets) then there's no 
reason to transport PMK-R1s to WTPs, and no changes necessary to CAPWAP 
to support 11r.  In fact, transportation of PMK-R1s to the WTPs would 
break the current CAPWAP security model.  In CAPWAP we only have one 
authenticator; therefore PMK-* MUST reside at the AC.

-- 
t. charles clancy, ph.d.  |  [email-masked]  |  www.cs.umd.edu/~clancy