Subject: [Capwap] Issue 203: Closed

From: "Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 11:54:16 -0800

All,
 
This issue indicated that while alignment was discussed, there was no
text that made it clear on what needed to happen in the Radio MAC
Address optional header to ensuring proper alignment. However, it
appears that this issue was in fact resolved already, but the issue was
never updated. I would point to the following text:

<current spec>
   Radio MAC Address:  This optional field contains the MAC address of
      the radio receiving the packet.  This is useful in packets sent
      from the WTP to the AC, when the native wireless frame format is
      converted to 802.3 by the WTP.  This field is only present if the
      'M' bit is set.  Given the HLEN field assumes 4 byte alignment,
      this field MUST be padded with zeroes (0x00) if it is not 4 byte
      aligned.

[...]

   Wireless Specific Information:  This optional field contains
      technology specific information that may be used to carry per
      packet wireless information.  This field is only present if the
      'W' bit is set.  Given the HLEN field assumes 4 byte alignment,
      this field MUST be padded with zeroes (0x00) if it is not 4 byte
      aligned.
</current spec>

So if no objections, I would propose that we close this issue as being
resolved.

Pat Calhoun
CTO, Wireless Networking Business Unit
Cisco Systems
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap