Subject: [Capwap] Proposed text for issue 223: Description of RID field is unclear

From: "Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 08:25:31 -0800

The original issue asked for clarifications to the description of the
RID field in the CAPWAP header.

<text>
4.2.  CAPWAP Header
[...]
   RID:  A 5 bit field which contains the Radio ID number for this
      packet.  Given that MAC Addresses are not necessarily unique
      across physical radios in a WTP, the Radio Identifier (RID) field
      is used to indiciate which physical radio the message is
      associated with.
</text>

Comments? Questions?

Pat Calhoun
CTO, Wireless Networking Business Unit
Cisco Systems
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap