Subject: [Capwap] Original submissions for CAPWAP

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 14:58:19 +0200

As we have informed the capwap Working Group, the authors of the
original submissions of draft-iino-capwap-wicop
anddraft-narasimhan-ietf-slapp submitted the original protocol documents
as independent submissions to the RFC Editor for publication as
Informational RFCs. This is consistent with the discussions and
agreement that Bert Wijnen in his quality of Area Director and Mani and
Dorothy as WG chairs at that time hold with the authors of all the
submitted protocol documents that were evaluated for CAPWAP and the
result of the evaluation was published as RFC 4565 to allow the
publication of the initial CAPWAP submissions as Informational RFCs with
a clear note that these are not IETF standards and the publication is
for historical and reference purposes only. 

As only two out of the four original proposals were submitted to the RFC
Editor, we recommend that the authors of the other two proposals (LWAPP
and CTP) make similar submissions. Note that such submissions should be
identical with the submissions that were entered for the CAPWAP protocol
evaluation, with Internet-Draft boilerplate changes only. Please either
submit or resubmit the documents or announce your intention to do so and
inform the RFC Editor until March 5, 2007 the latest, which is also the
cutoff date for Internet-Drafts submissions before the Prague IETF
meeting. 

Please let us know if there are any questions or issues. 

David Kessens and Dan Romascanu

_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap