Subject: [Capwap] State machine timeouts

From: "Peter Nilsson J (LI/EAB)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 09:02:48 +0100

CAPWAP defines WaitDTLS timer to supervise the DTLS handshake and the
NeighborDeadInterval to supervise the connection in the Running state
but there is no timer defined for the states in between.
So if a WTP succesfully establish a DTLS session but then (for some
reason) never sends a Join Request message, what is the AC expected to
do with the context that it has allocated for the DTLS/WTP session.
Would it not be wise to have a timeout here aswell?

Peter
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap

---

From: "Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 08:42:46 -0800

Created issue 245.

Pat Calhoun
CTO, Wireless Networking Business Unit
Cisco Systems

________________________________

	From: Peter Nilsson J (LI/EAB)
[mailto:[email-masked]] 
	Sent: Friday, February 09, 2007 12:03 AM
	To: [email-masked]
	Subject: [Capwap] State machine timeouts

	CAPWAP defines WaitDTLS timer to supervise the DTLS handshake
and the NeighborDeadInterval to supervise the connection in the Running
state but there is no timer defined for the states in between.

	So if a WTP succesfully establish a DTLS session but then (for
some reason) never sends a Join Request message, what is the AC expected
to do with the context that it has allocated for the DTLS/WTP session.

	Peter