Subject: [Capwap] Issue with Image Data to Reset

From: "Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 13:29:53 -0700

All,

The current text states that the AC can transition from the Image Data
to Reset, but this is a problem since the last image data response sent
by the AC may not have been received by the WTP, and therefore the Image
Data Request may need to be retransmitted. There are really only two
alternatives to this situation:
1. Let the WTP reset, but require that the AC set the NeighborDead timer
and wait for expiration before the WTP is marked dead, or
2. Create a uni-directional message from the WTP to the AC to indicate
that the download is complete, at which time the AC would set the WTP to
dead. This is not very reliable, because the message would not be
retransmitted, and therefore a timer would be necessary anyhow.

My preference is to go with option 1. Any objections?

Issue 19 created to track this issue.

PatC
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap