Subject: Re: [Capwap] CAPWAP MIB drafts

From: "Mani, Mahalingam (Mani)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 18:38:33 -0700

The individual submissions

CAPWAP protocol base MIB draft:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-yangshi-capwap-base-mib-01.txt

CAPWAP protocol 802.11binding MIB draft
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-yangshi-capwap-802dot11-mib-01
.txt

are now in the IETF repository. The IETF70 session saw Richard
presenting on this version.

During the meeting there was general consensus and acceptance by
reviewing MIB experts that it is good enough to be accepted as WG item;
with the caveat that

the WG has to decide from the CAPWAP standpoint that it needs a MIB; and
that it finds this MIB draft work relevant enough to make it a WG item.

We found consensus for both in the meeting to the extent the
presentation

Please review the draft and comment on whether you believe the drafts
can and should be adopted as WG items to address the charter requirement
of MIB support.

-mani

________________________________

From: Mani, Mahalingam (Mani) [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2007 8:49 AM
To: capwap
Subject: [Capwap] CAPWAP MIB drafts

A CAPWAP protocol 802.11binding MIB draft
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-yangshi-capwap-802dot11-mib-00
.txt and

A CAPWAP protocol base MIB draft:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-yangshi-capwap-base-mib-00.txt

have been available in the IETF repository since July. This work was
done by Yang Shi, David Perkins and Long Gao.

Does the WG believe this draft is meeting the requirements and worthy of
being adopted as WG items to meet the charter requirement for MIB?

If the WG feels it is - we would like to adopt the drafts as WG items.

Is there any objection to adopting these drafts as WG items?

Meanwhile, the authors have made another (revised) version of the drafts
available. Since they have arrived after the IETF deadline for non-00
drafts, they won't be available off the repository.

We will post them in CAPWAP or some public repsository (and let the WG
know).

-mani

=============

Mahalingam Mani

(408)321-4840 (w)

_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap