Subject: [Capwap] Call for Comments on Base Spec Errata

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 04:04:02 -0400

In the CAPWAP WG meeting today in Sweden, we had agreement to submit  
an erratum for the CAPWAP base specification to indicate that the MAC  
address is mandatory.  The
change to RFC 5415 would be:

OLD:
      4 -   Base MAC Address: The WTP's Base MAC address, which MAY be
             assigned to the primary Ethernet interface.
NEW:

       4 -   Base MAC Address: The WTP's Base MAC address MUST be  
included in
             the WTP Board Data message element and MAY be
            assigned to the primary Ethernet interface.

If you have any objection to this change, please communicate your  
concerns to the CAPWAP mailing list within two weeks (by Friday,  
August 14th).  If we hear no objections, Dorothy Stanley (one of the  
editors of RFC 5415) will submit this erratum to the RFC editor, and  
Dan Romascanu (our AD) will approve it.
Margaret
(for the CAPWAP Co-Chairs)
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap

---

From: "Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 12:56:06 -0700

OK with me

PatC

-----Original Message-----
From: Margaret Wasserman [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, July 30, 2009 1:04 AM
To: capwap
Subject: [Capwap] Call for Comments on Base Spec Errata

OLD: