Subject: [Capwap] FW: Document Action: 'CAPWAP Protocol Binding MIB for IEEE802.11' to Informational RFC

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 18:11:49 +0100

Congratulations to the editors, chairs and the whole WG for meeting
this deadline. 

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: The IESG [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, February 08, 2010 7:09 PM
To: IETF-Announce
Cc: capwap chair; Internet Architecture Board; capwap mailing list; RFC
Editor
Subject: [Capwap] Document Action: 'CAPWAP Protocol Binding MIB for
IEEE802.11' to Informational RFC

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'CAPWAP Protocol Binding MIB for IEEE 802.11 '
   <draft-ietf-capwap-802dot11-mib-06.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Control And Provisioning of Wireless
Access Points Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Dan Romascanu and Ron Bonica.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-capwap-802dot11-mib-06.tx
t

Technical Summary

   This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB)
   for use with network management protocols.  In particular, it
   describes managed objects for modeling the Control And Provisioning
   of Wireless Access Points (CAPWAP) Protocol for IEEE 802.11 wireless
   binding.

Working Group Summary

   The Working Group was initially chartered to define a Proposed 
   Standard but there was not enough working group involvement with this

   document to warrant publication as a Proposed Standard. The document 
   is complete, went through full MIB Docotrs reviews, and there is no 
   disagreement about publishing it as Informational.

Document Quality

    There is at least one implementation of this protocol underway. 
    At various phases of development the work was advised and reviewed
by
    David Harrington, Dan Romascanu, and Bert Wijnen for the MIB Doctors

    team.

Personnel

    Margaret Wassermann is the document shepherd. Dan Romascanu is 
    the responsible AD. Bert Wijnen is the MIB Doctor. 

RFC Editor Note

 1. In the Abstract section: 

OLD: 

   This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB)
   for use with network management protocols.  In particular, it
   describes managed objects for modeling the Control And Provisioning
   of Wireless Access Points (CAPWAP) Protocol for IEEE 802.11 wireless
   binding.

NEW: 

   This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB)
   for use with network management protocols.  In particular, it
   describes managed objects for modeling the Control And Provisioning
   of Wireless Access Points (CAPWAP) Protocol for IEEE 802.11 wireless
   binding. This MIB module is presented as a basis for future work on 
   the  management of the CAPWAP protocol using the Simple Network
   Management Protocol (SNMP). 

2. In the Introduction Section: 

OLD: 

   This document defines a MIB module that can be used to manage CAPWAP
   implementations for IEEE 802.11 wireless binding.  This MIB module
   covers both configuration for Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN) and
   a way to reuse the IEEE 802.11 MIB module [IEEE.802-11.2007].

NEW: 

   This document defines a MIB module that can be used to manage CAPWAP
   implementations for IEEE 802.11 wireless binding.  This MIB module
   covers both configuration for Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN) and
   a way to reuse the IEEE 802.11 MIB module [IEEE.802-11.2007]. It is 
   presented as a basis for future work on the SNMP management of the 
   CAPWAP protocol.

_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap