Subject: [Capwap] FW: RFC 5413 on SLAPP: Secure Light Access Point Protocol

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 17:08:31 +0100

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 3:47 AM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: RFC 5413 on SLAPP: Secure Light Access Point Protocol

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5413

        Title:      SLAPP: Secure Light Access Point 
                    Protocol 
        Author:     P. Narasimhan, D. Harkins,
                    S. Ponnuswamy
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       February 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      75
        Characters: 147426
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-narasimhan-ietf-slapp-01.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5413.txt

The Control and Provisioning of Wireless Access Points (CAPWAP) problem
statement describes a problem that needs to be addressed before a
wireless LAN (WLAN) network designer can construct a solution composed
of Wireless Termination Points (WTP) and Access Controllers (AC) from
multiple, different vendors.  One of the primary goals is to find a
solution that solves the interoperability between the two classes of
devices (WTPs and ACs) that then enables an AC from one vendor to
control and manage a WTP from another.

In this document, we present a protocol that forms the common
technology-independent framework and the ability to negotiate and add,
on top of this framework, a control protocol that contains a
technology-dependent component to arrive at a complete solution.  We
have also presented two such control protocols -- an 802.11 Control
protocol, and another, more generic image download protocol, in this
document.

Even though the text in this document is written to specifically address
the problem stated in RFC 3990, the solution can be applied to any
problem that has a controller (equivalent to the AC) managing one or
more network elements (equivalent to the WTP).  This document defines a
Historic Document for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Independent Submissions stream.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet
community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see
http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap