Subject: [Capwap] FW: Document Action: 'CAPWAP Protocol Base MIB' toInformational RFC

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 18:33:12 +0100

Thanks and Congratulation to the editors, chairs, and the whole WG for
completing this charter item. 

Regards,

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: The IESG [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, February 11, 2010 7:28 PM
To: IETF-Announce
Cc: capwap chair; Internet Architecture Board; capwap mailing list; RFC
Editor
Subject: [Capwap] Document Action: 'CAPWAP Protocol Base MIB'
toInformational RFC

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'CAPWAP Protocol Base MIB '
   <draft-ietf-capwap-base-mib-09.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Control And Provisioning of Wireless
Access Points Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Dan Romascanu and Ron Bonica.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-capwap-base-mib-09.txt

Technical Summary

   The CAPWAP Protocol defines a standard, interoperable
   protocol, which enables an Access Controller (AC) to manage a
   collection of Wireless Termination Points(WTPs).

   This document defines a MIB module that can be used to manage the
   CAPWAP implementations.  This MIB module covers both configuration
   and WTP status-monitoring aspects of CAPWAP, and provides a way to
   reuse MIB modules for any wireless technology.

Working Group Summary

   The Working Group was initially chartered to issue Proposed Standard
   but there was not enough working group involvement with this document

   to warrant publication as a Proposed Standard. The document is 
   complete, went through full MIB Docotrs reviews, and there is no 
   disagreement about publishing it as Informational.

Document Quality

    There is at least one implementation of this protocol underway. 
    At various phases of development the work was advised and reviewed
by
    David Harrington, Dan Romascanu, and Bert Wijnen for the MIB Doctors

    team.

Personnel

    Margaret Wassermann is the document shepherd. Dan Romascanu is 
    the responsible AD. Bert Wijnen is the MIB Doctor.

_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap