Subject: [Capwap] FW: RFC 5414 on Wireless LAN Control Protocol (WiCoP)

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 13:38:39 +0100

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Thursday, February 04, 2010 3:47 AM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: RFC 5414 on Wireless LAN Control Protocol (WiCoP)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5414

        Title:      Wireless LAN Control Protocol (WiCoP) 
        Author:     S. Iino, S. Govindan,
                    M. Sugiura, H. Cheng
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       February 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],     
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      54
        Characters: 118969
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-iino-capwap-wicop-02.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5414.txt

The popularity of wireless local area networks (WLANs) has led to
widespread deployments across different establishments.  It has also
translated into an increasing scale of the WLANs.  Large-scale
deployments made of large numbers of wireless termination points
(WTPs) and covering substantial areas are increasingly common.

The Wireless LAN Control Protocol (WiCoP) described in this document
allows for the control and provisioning of large-scale WLANs.  It
enables central management of these networks and realizes the objectives
set forth for the Control And Provisioning of Wireless Access Points
(CAPWAP).  This document defines a Historic Document for the Internet
community.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet
community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see
http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap