Subject: [Capwap] Document Action: 'CAPWAP Protocol Binding MIB for IEEE 802.11' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 09:08:49 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'CAPWAP Protocol Binding MIB for IEEE 802.11 '
   <draft-ietf-capwap-802dot11-mib-06.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Control And Provisioning of Wireless Access Points Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Dan Romascanu and Ron Bonica.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-capwap-802dot11-mib-06.txt

Technical Summary

   This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB)
   for use with network management protocols.  In particular, it
   describes managed objects for modeling the Control And Provisioning
   of Wireless Access Points (CAPWAP) Protocol for IEEE 802.11 wireless
   binding.

Working Group Summary

   The Working Group was initially chartered to define a Proposed 
   Standard but there was not enough working group involvement with this 
   document to warrant publication as a Proposed Standard. The document 
   is complete, went through full MIB Docotrs reviews, and there is no 
   disagreement about publishing it as Informational.

Document Quality

    There is at least one implementation of this protocol underway. 
    At various phases of development the work was advised and reviewed by
    David Harrington, Dan Romascanu, and Bert Wijnen for the MIB Doctors 
    team.

Personnel

    Margaret Wassermann is the document shepherd. Dan Romascanu is 
    the responsible AD. Bert Wijnen is the MIB Doctor. 

RFC Editor Note

 1. In the Abstract section: 

OLD: 

   This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB)
   for use with network management protocols.  In particular, it
   describes managed objects for modeling the Control And Provisioning
   of Wireless Access Points (CAPWAP) Protocol for IEEE 802.11 wireless
   binding.

NEW: 

   This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB)
   for use with network management protocols.  In particular, it
   describes managed objects for modeling the Control And Provisioning
   of Wireless Access Points (CAPWAP) Protocol for IEEE 802.11 wireless
   binding. This MIB module is presented as a basis for future work on 
   the  management of the CAPWAP protocol using the Simple Network
   Management Protocol (SNMP). 

2. In the Introduction Section: 

OLD: 

   This document defines a MIB module that can be used to manage CAPWAP
   implementations for IEEE 802.11 wireless binding.  This MIB module
   covers both configuration for Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN) and
   a way to reuse the IEEE 802.11 MIB module [IEEE.802-11.2007].

NEW: 

   This document defines a MIB module that can be used to manage CAPWAP
   implementations for IEEE 802.11 wireless binding.  This MIB module
   covers both configuration for Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN) and
   a way to reuse the IEEE 802.11 MIB module [IEEE.802-11.2007]. It is 
   presented as a basis for future work on the SNMP management of the 
   CAPWAP protocol.

_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap