Subject: [Caris-attendees] Bogotá LACNIC/FIRST TC - Save the date/Call for,speakers. 28th Set 2015

From: Graciela Martinez <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2015 16:44:43 -0300

Dear Teams,

We'd like to announce a "Save the Date" and "Call for Speakers" for
the FIRST Technical Colloquium to be held in Bogotá, COLOMBIA.

The TC will take place on Monday September 28.

Building upon the success of the last year Santiago FIRST TC, it will be
co-located with LACNIC 24 and LACNOG 2015.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION:

- There will be NO registration fee;

- TC attendees will also be able to attend LACNIC 24 / LACNOG 2015 for
  FREE -- LACNIC is graciously waiving the Conference fee for anyone
  that also attends the TC;

- The TC will be open for attendance by non members.

A list of recommended hotels is available and the
agenda of the co-located events will be available at this page in the
near future: http://www.lacnic.net/web/eventos/lacnic24

The Bogotá TC website is available at:
https://www.first.org/events/colloquia/bogota2015

CALL FOR SPEAKERS

We are seeking FIRST members interested in presenting during the TC.
Some suggested topics are as follows:

   * Lessons learned, case studies, etc.
   * Attack trend updates (malware, bots, DDoS, etc)
   * DNS, IPv6 and routing security
   * Privacy and data protection (issues to consider, regulation, case
     studies)
   * Impact of data breaches and data protection regulation in
     Incident Response
   * Incident response tools, trends and security technologies
   * Other topics relevant to incident response

The public is exptected to be comprised of FIRST members, CSIRTs from
the Latin American and Caribbean Region that are not members yet, plus
network operators and security professionals from the LAC region.

For your submission, please provide the following information
to [email-masked]:

- Title
- Brief Summary (Abstract)
- Presenter's Name, Affiliation and short Bio
- Estimated Time

Thank you,

Bogotá LACNIC/FIRST Organization