Subject: [Caris-attendees] Use case assistance request

From: Kathleen Moriarty <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2018 04:55:53 -0400

Hello,

Would someone be willing to help detail a use case on detecting
lateral movement in an environment that has already been compromised
including the methods of detection and remediation used. Ideally, we'd
get examples in different networks leveraging different network
architectures and tools.

This is to assist with a better understanding of the current practices
for monitoring within a network.  It could be used in
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-fenter-tls-decryption-00 or a new
draft to inform next steps in determining what the real set of
requirements are for monitoring within enterprise networks.  If there
are detection methods assessing encrypted streams to accomplish the
same (or similar goals), it would be very important to note these as
well to assess the current state and best practices.

We could use this list or I am happy to collect this and other related
information if sent to me directly.

Thank you!

-- 

Best regards,
Kathleen