Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-cat-gaa-cbind-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 04 Jul 1999 12:00:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.  This draft is a work item of the Common Authentication
Technology Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Generic Authorization and Access control
			  Application Program Interface C-bindings
	Author(s)	: T. Tyutov, C. Neuman
	Filename	: draft-ietf-cat-gaa-cbind-02.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 02-Jul-99
	
The Generic Authorization and Access control Application Programming
Interface (GAA API) provides access control services to calling
applications.
It facilitates access control decisions for applications and allows
applications to discover access control policies associated with a
targeted resource. The GAA API is usable by multiple applications
supporting different kinds of protected objects.
The GAA API design supports: 
- a variety of security mechanisms based on public or secret key
  cryptosystems
- different authorization models
- heterogeneous security policies
- various access rights 
This document specifies C language bindings for the GAA API, which
is described at a language-independent conceptual level in
draft-ietf-cat-acc-cntrl-frmw-01.txt

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-cat-gaa-cbind-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-cat-gaa-cbind-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-cat-gaa-cbind-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.