Subject: CAT Oslo meeting; one-paragraph summary

From: "Linn, John" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 09:46:47 -0400

Here's the short summary of this week's CAT meeting.  Full minutes to
follow.

The CAT-WG met for one session at the Oslo IETF, with approximately 110
attendees.  Discussion was concentrated in four areas: Kerberos-related
documents (pk-init and Kerberos-revisions), GSS Java bindings, GSS
low-infrastructure mechanisms, and authorization services.  Regarding the
Kerberos documents, it is planned that a few identified specific issues will
be resolved within the next week, with the intent that revised drafts (to be
issued during the week following the IETF meeting) will be suitable for
parallel last calls within the working group.  Relative to GSS Java
bindings, the new javabind-02 draft was discussed along with a set of issues
that had been raised on the mailing list; it is intended that a successor to
this draft will reflect convergence within the group. Concern was raised
about the importance of ensuring that SPI concerns are adequately and
suitably satisfied, and this topic is to be researched before proceeding
towards advancement of the higher-level document. Relative to GSS low
infrastructure mechanisms, the current intent is to proceed with progression
of LIPKEY following certain identified changes, with SSKM and GSS-Easy to be
discussed further on the mailing list. Relative to authorization services,
the current intent is not to pursue standards-track documents; a subsequent
version of the GAA-API specification may (following coordination with
candidate consumer applications) be considered for Experimental status. 

--jl
==========================================================================
This message was posted through the Stanford campus mailing list
server.  If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing list, send the
message body of "unsubscribe ietf-cat-wg" to [email-masked]