Subject: Selecting a BOF chair

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 14:31:39 -0400

Greetings.  The 

Scheduling has opened for the San Diego IETF so we should get busy
with our plans to have e a BOF there.  I plan to work on a draft
proposed charter later this week.  If someone else wants to take over
that work I'm OK with simply contributing to it, but since no one has
expressed a desire to own the charter I was going to volunteer.

I think we also need to select a proposed chair.  Clearly the security
ADs will have the ultimate decision, but we need to have a name to
give to them.

How would people feel about Jeffrey ALtman as a proposed chair.  He's
been involved as a GSSAPI user with the Kermit Project and has been
involved specifying protocols that use GSSAPI.  Jeffrey has also
previously chaired a BOF at the IETF.  He has been following the
Kerberos, CAT and SASL working groups.

In short, Jeffrey has significant experience with GSSAPI, but is not
an advocate for a strong position or proposal.  My experience in the
Kerberos working group suggests that he will do a good job building
and judging consensus.

--Sam

-++**==--++**==--++**==--++**==--++**==--++**==--++**==
This message was posted through the Stanford campus mailing list
server.  If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing list, send the
message body of "unsubscribe ietf-cat-wg" to [email-masked]