Subject: Kitten Working Group Status Report and Important IETF 60 Deadlines

From: Jeffrey Altman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2004 02:28:53 -0400

The request for the creation of the Kitten Working Group is still being 
discussed by
the Security Area Directors and the IESG.  While there is still plenty 
of time for the
working group to be approved prior to IETF 60, it is prudent that we 
assume that
approval will not be obtained prior to the end of the scheduling 
period.  As such I
will be submitting a request for a BOF slot which can be converted to a 
working group
slot once approval is obtained.

The IETF 60 Important Dates are as follows:
    July 12, Monday - Internet Draft Cut-off for initial document (-00) 
submission at 09:00 ET
    July 19, Monday - Working Group and BOF scheduling closes at 17:00 ET
    July 19, Monday - Internet Draft final submission cut-off at 09:00 ET
    July 21, Wednesday - Pre-Registration and Pre-payment cut-off at 
12:00 noon ET
    July 26, Monday - Registration cancellation cut-off at 17:00 ET
    July 26, Monday - Working Group agendas due date at 12:00 ET
    August 1-6, 2004 - 60th IETF Meeting in San Diego, CA, USA

If you have committed to submitting a new Internet Draft for Kitten, 
please ensure that
the draft has been submitted by next Monday.

To assist me in planning the BOF time slot please send me private mail 
indicating whether
or not you are planning to attend the IETF session and if there are any 
conflicting time
working groups to be avoided other than the other security groups. 

The focus of a BOF is to explain the justifications for why a working 
group is required
to accomplish the work.  As such I would like to see presentations given 
to describe the
following topics requiring our efforts:

  * Discussion of the Global Grid Forum extension requirements
  * Discussion of channel bindings portability issues (C struct et all)
  * Discussion of GSSAPI naming
  * Discussion of need for cryptographic channel bindings and CCM
  * Discussion of specific channel bindings
  * Discussion of Stackable Psuedo Mechanisms
  * Discussion of the SPNEGO issues

Please let me know if you would like to volunteer to cover one of these
topics.

Thanks.

Jeffrey Altman