Subject: [Cbor] Lars Eggert's No Record on draft-ietf-cbor-network-addresses-09: (with COMMENT)

From: Lars Eggert via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2021 04:28:36 -0700

Lars Eggert has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-cbor-network-addresses-09: No Record

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/blog/handling-iesg-ballot-positions/
for more information about how to handle DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-cbor-network-addresses/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Section 1. , paragraph 3, comment:
>    This specification does not
>    deal with 6- or 8-byte Ethernet addresses.

I read this and kept wondering about what other Ethernet addresses there are
that I didn't know about... It might be clearer to say something like "does not
include support for Ethernet addresses".

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All comments below are about very minor potential issues that you may choose to
address in some way - or ignore - as you see fit. Some were flagged by
automated tools (via https://github.com/larseggert/ietf-reviewtool), so there
will likely be some false positives. There is no need to let me know what you
did with these suggestions.

These URLs in the document can probably be converted to HTTPS:
 * http://www.iana.org/assignments/cbor-tags