Subject: [Cbor] I-D Action: draft-ietf-cbor-file-magic-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2021 04:32:34 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Concise Binary Object Representation Maintenance and Extensions WG of the IETF.

        Title           : On storing CBOR encoded items on stable storage
        Authors         : Michael Richardson
                          Carsten Bormann
	Filename        : draft-ietf-cbor-file-magic-04.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2021-09-04

Abstract:
   This document proposes an on-disk format for CBOR objects that is
   friendly to common on-disk recognition systems like the Unix file(1)
   command.

   This document is being discussed at: https://github.com/cbor-wg/cbor-
   magic-number

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-cbor-file-magic/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-cbor-file-magic-04.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-cbor-file-magic-04

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2021 07:41:36 -0400

This revision has been rewritten to be more assertive as requested by the
ARTART review.   I believe that this was the bulk of the WGLC comments.

As this is a BCP, BCP14 language is not used.

Probably I've gotten some word wrong somewhere, although I did fix up a few
awkward sentences.

[email-masked] wrote:
    > A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
    > directories.  This draft is a work item of the Concise Binary Object
    > Representation Maintenance and Extensions WG of the IETF.

    >         Title : On storing CBOR encoded items on stable storage Authors
    > : Michael Richardson Carsten Bormann Filename :
    > draft-ietf-cbor-file-magic-04.txt Pages : 13 Date : 2021-09-04

    > Abstract: This document proposes an on-disk format for CBOR objects
    > that is friendly to common on-disk recognition systems like the Unix
    > file(1) command.

    >    This document is being discussed at:
    > https://github.com/cbor-wg/cbor-magic-number

--
Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>   . o O ( IPv6 IøT consulting )
           Sandelman Software Works Inc, Ottawa and Worldwide