Subject: FW: LMP Related Questions - 2

From: Harish M <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 18:00:14 +0530

Thanks Richard, for correcting the last point.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bradford, Richard [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, December 08, 2004 5:40 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: LMP Related Questions - 2

At 03:49 PM 12/8/2004 +0530, you wrote:

  Hi,

  A node can send BeginVerify message (if Link Connectivity Verification
procedure is supported) before starting Link Property Correlation Procedure.
  Remote node if it does not support Link Connectivity Verification
procedure, it shall send BeginVerifyNack with ERROR_CODE: 0x01 (Procedure
Not supported).
Agreed.

   Link Connectivity Verification procedure can be used for Learning
(automatic discovery) of LinkID (of remote node) & have the mapping of
InterfaceIDs with itself & remote node.
Agreed,

  If this procedure is not used, then adminstrator should configure mapping
of LinkID & InterfaceIDs with neighbor node before triggering "Link Property
Correlation"
Agreed.

  And also, in Link Connectivity Verification procedure, as the LinkID is
optional parameter in BeginVerifyAck, if the initiatior does not receive
this, then administrator should configure the mapping of LinkIDs (Local &
Remote Link ID)
This doesn't seem entirely accurate. The reason that the LinkID is not
required in the BeginVerifyAck is that it may not yet have been discovered.
If the mapping is not configured, then the mapping will be discovered upon
receipt of a Test message, which occurs later in the procedure than the
BeginVerifyAck. In this case, the initiator learns the mapping from the
TestStatusSuccess message.
So, it's only necessary to configure the mapping of LinkIDs if Link
Connectivity Verification fails and is not dependent on the contents of the
BeginVerifyAck.

Hope this helps,
   Rich

  Regards,
  Harish

    -----Original Message-----
    From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On
Behalf Of Kim Young Hwa
    Sent: Wednesday, December 08, 2004 1:59 PM
    To: [email-masked]
    Subject: LMP Related Questions - 2

    Hi, ccampers

    Because some give me different responses, but increasingly I'm in a
mess.
    Then, I've some questions as follows:

    (1) When receiving BeginVerify message, the node will first check if
"link verification supported" flag is set. However, this flag is set in a
TE-Link object of LinkSummary message. Without the flag set, the remote node
must send BeginVerifyNack message. Why do we send "link connectivity
verification" messages before "link property correlation" messages?

    (2) BeginVerify can contain Local-Link-ID without Remote-Link-ID.
Without link property correlation, the remote node has no mapping between
two Link-IDs. How can the remote node identify which TE links to be
verified?

    Thanks,

    Young.