Subject: New Submission : Requirement for (G)MPLS implantation over Ethernet

From: 조재형 <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 19:10:51 +0900

Dear All

I am presenting a proposal for GMPLS implementation for Ethernet.

The issue we are raising here is important to our industry.

Your comments and contribution is valuable to us.

Attached individual draft is submitted to ccamp many weeks ago.

However, there has been some problem in submission process and

it has never been fixed even after I raised problem tickets.

I hope this problem be fixed and the document be stored in IETF web-site.

Submission of this issue in CCAMP was discussed with chairs of MPLS

and GMPLS several weeks ago. I believe this work is relevant to CCAMP

scope.

I am looking forward your comments.

Thank you

Sincerely

Jaihyung Cho

ETRI, Korea

phone :       042) 860-5514

oversea: +82-42-860-5514

fax:         +82-42-861-5550

===================================================================

Requirement for (G)MPLS implantation over Ethernet

Abstract

In this draft, we propose requirement to implement MPLS technology
for Ethernet switched network. Ethernet has become major building
block in local area network and the area of deployment is quickly
expanding to core network. While there have been industry needs to
overcome weakness of Ethernet, MPLS has not been considered as key
technology to improve Ethernet. Currently MPLS [RFC3031] and GMPLS
[GARCH] architecture do not define label-switching function on
L2SC interface, i.e. over LAN media. Hence, it is necessary to
discuss lightweight implementation of (G)MPLS for Ethernet. Since
the requirements may different according to hierarchy of Ethernet,
it is appropriate to separate solutions in Customer Premise Network
(CPN), Access Network (AN) and Core Network (CN). Some candidate
methods to consider for label encoding for Ethernet are discussed.

---

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 18:25:42 -0000

Hi Jaihyung,

I can see this draft in the repository at
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jaihyung-ccamp-lserequirement-00.txt

Adrian