Subject: LMP Related Questions - 2

From: "Kim Young Hwa" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 17:29:12 +0900

Hi, ccampers

Because some give me different responses, but increasingly I'm in a mess.

Then, I've some questions as follows:

(1) When receiving BeginVerify message, the node will first check if "link verification supported" flag is set. However, this flag is set in a TE-Link object of LinkSummary message. Without the flag set, the remote node must send BeginVerifyNack message. Why do we send "link connectivity verification" messages before "link property correlation" messages?

(2) BeginVerify can contain Local-Link-ID without Remote-Link-ID. Without link property correlation, the remote node has no mapping between two Link-IDs. How can the remote node identify which TE links to be verified?

Thanks,

Young.

---

From: Harish M <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 15:49:18 +0530

Hi,

A node can send BeginVerify message (if Link Connectivity Verification
procedure is supported) before starting Link Property Correlation Procedure.
Remote node if it does not support Link Connectivity Verification procedure,
it shall send BeginVerifyNack with ERROR_CODE: 0x01 (Procedure Not
supported).

Link Connectivity Verification procedure can be used for Learning (automatic
discovery) of LinkID (of remote node) & have the mapping of InterfaceIDs
with itself & remote node.

If this procedure is not used, then adminstrator should configure mapping of
LinkID & InterfaceIDs with neighbor node before triggering "Link Property
Correlation"

And also, in Link Connectivity Verification procedure, as the LinkID is
optional parameter in BeginVerifyAck, if the initiatior does not receive
this, then administrator should configure the mapping of LinkIDs (Local &
Remote Link ID)

Regards,
Harish

  -----Original Message-----
  From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf
Of Kim Young Hwa
  Sent: Wednesday, December 08, 2004 1:59 PM
  To: [email-masked]
  Subject: LMP Related Questions - 2

  Hi, ccampers

  (1) When receiving BeginVerify message, the node will first check if "link
verification supported" flag is set. However, this flag is set in a TE-Link
object of LinkSummary message. Without the flag set, the remote node must
send BeginVerifyNack message. Why do we send "link connectivity
verification" messages before "link property correlation" messages?

  (2) BeginVerify can contain Local-Link-ID without Remote-Link-ID. Without
link property correlation, the remote node has no mapping between two
Link-IDs. How can the remote node identify which TE links to be verified?

  Thanks,

  Young.