Subject: LMP Related Questions

From: 김영화 <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 16:34:22 +0900

Hi, ccampers.

I've some questions for the LMP implementation.

First, I'd like to know the UDP port identifier of LMP. But, I can't find out the identifier.

Is it OK as I define it randomly?

Second, I do not know the execution order between link connectivity verification and link property correlation.

Which function should be first performed? In the draft of LMP, I'm very confusing.

Who help me to solve these questions?

Thanks in advance,

Young.

---

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 12:45:04 -0000

> Is it OK as I define it randomly?

Not if you want to interoperate!

If you look at http://www.iana.org/assignments/port-numbers you will see that IANA has
allocated port 701.

lmp             701/tcp    Link Management Protocol (LMP)
lmp             701/udp    Link Management Protocol (LMP)
#                          RFC-ietf-ccamp-lmp-10.txt

> Second, I do not know the execution order between link connectivity
> verification and link property correlation.

First, note that link property correlation is a core (mandatory) function, but link
connectivity verification is an optional procedure.
Second, the link connectivity verification procedure can be run at any time to verify the
physical connectivity.

However, if you do run the link connectivity verification procedure at start of day in
order to determine and exchange the Interface IDs, you would be wise to run the procedure
before link property correlation because that way you will know which links are being
bundled or described in the link property correlation phase.

> Who help me to solve these questions?

Perhaps someone with some running code would care to comment?

Cheers,
Adrian