Subject: id-nits output for draft-ietf-ccamp-tranport-lmp-00.txt

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 14:07:03 -0000

Authors,

You definitely need to get into the habit of running the id-nits script
before submitting drafts. Although some of the reports from id-nits are
*very* annoying, you can quickly smooth the errors out. see my hints
prefixed with ##. This isn't rocket science.

Thanks,
Adrian

====

sh ../idnits-v1.51 draft-ietf-ccamp-transport-lmp-00.txt

idnits 1.51 (27 Nov 2004)

draft-ietf-ccamp-transport-lmp-00.txt:

  Checking nits according to http://www.ietf.org/ID-Checklist.html:

    The document seems to lack an IANA Considerations section

## Please add an IANA section. IANA finds this very helpful.
## You only need to say...
##    This informational document makes no requests for IANA action.

    Checking conformance with RFC 3667/3668 boilerplate...
    The document seems to lack an RFC 3667 Section 5.1 IPR Disclosure
    Acknowledgement  -- however, there's a paragraph with a matching
    beginning. Boilerplate error?

## The format is slightly broken and you have included a citation (which
is wrong).
## Text should read
##   By submitting this Internet-Draft, I certify that any applicable
##   patent or other IPR claims of which I am aware have been disclosed,
##   and any of which I become aware will be disclosed, in accordance
with
##   RFC 3668.

    The document seems to lack an RFC 3667 Section 5.4 Copyright Notice
    -- however, there's a paragraph with a matching beginning.
    Boilerplate error?

## you need to remove the quote marks from your Copyright section

    The document seems to lack an RFC 3667 Section 5.5 Disclaimer --
    however, there's a paragraph with a matching beginning. Boilerplate
    error?

## you need to remove the quote marks from your Copyright section
## and there is a blank line in the text

    There are 1 instances of lines with non-ascii characters in the
document.

## section 4.4 para 3

  Checking nits according to
http://www.ietf.org/ietf/1id-guidelines.txt:

    The document seems to lack a 1id_guidelines paragraph about
    Internet-Drafts being working documents -- however, there's a
    paragraph with a matching beginning. Boilerplate error?

## you have folded two paras together at the top of the doc.
## and you have removed a hyphen form "Internet-Drafts"

  Miscellaneous warnings:

    There are 7 instances of lines with hyphenated line breaks in the
document.

## These are bogus warnings that you can ignore.