Subject: RE: RE: Question on LMP Adjacency

From: Harish M <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 13:29:01 +0530

LMP adjacency is established between two directly connected nodes over CC

   An "LMP adjacency" is formed between two nodes when at least one bi-
   directional control channel is established between them. Multiple
   control channels may be active simultaneously for each adjacency;
   control channel parameters, however, MUST be individually negotiated
   for each control channel.

If multiple CC's present (in one adjacency) then, keep-alive hello will be
there on all CCs separately.
Control information (Signaling/Routing protocol updates) can be sent on any
one CC.

  -----Original Message-----
  From: Kim Young Hwa [mailto:[email-masked]]
  Sent: Friday, December 10, 2004 1:06 PM
  To: Harish M
  Subject: RE:RE: Question on LMP Adjacency

  Thanks for very and very fast response.

  I'm sorry but, my question is about the LMP adjacency.
  The samle network is that Node#1 is physically connected to Node#2, then
Node#2 is physically connected to Node#3. There is no physical connection
between Node#1 and Node#3.
  And, an EoS#1 channel  is terminated in Node#1 amd Node#2, the other EoS#2
channel is
  terminated in Node#1 and Node#3 via Node#2. Here, in case of the EoS#1,
LMP adjacent nodes are Node#1 and Node#2, but in case of the EoS#2, LMP
adjacent nodes are Node#1 and Node#3 under th condition that the definition
of LMP adjacency is observed.
  My question is if my understanding is correct or not.

  -----?? ???-----
  ?? ??: "Harish M" <[email-masked]>
  ?? ??: 2004-12-10 ?? 4:29:21
  ?? ??: "±e¿?E" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]"
<[email-masked]>
  ??:
  ??: RE: Question on LMP Adjacency

  Question is not clear.
   -----Original Message-----
  From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf
Of ???
  Sent: Friday, December 10, 2004 12:37 PM
  To: [email-masked]
  Subject: Question on LMP Adjacency

    Hi, ccampers

    I've a question on the LMP adjacency.
    In the LMP draft, the definition is as follows:

       An "LMP adjacency" is formed between two nodes when at least one bi-
       directional control channel is established between them. Multiple
       control channels may be active simultaneously for each adjacency;
       control channel parameters, however, MUST be individually negotiated
       for each control channel.

    Then, my question is this.

    For an example,
    we assume a sample network consisting of Node#1, Node#2, and Node#3.
Node#1 is directly connected to Node#2, and Node#2 is directly connected to
Node#3.
    This means there is no direct connection between Node#1 and Node#3 in
the sample network.
    In this situation, we assume that an EoS channel(EoS#1) between Node#1
and Node#2 is terminated, but another EoS channel(EoS#2) between Node#1 and
Node#3 is terminated through Node#2.
    Here, I think that in case of the EoS#1, LMP adjacent nodes are Node#1
and Node#2, but in case of the EoS#2, LMP adjacent nodes are Node#1 and
Node#3. In addition, I think that the type of data link for EoS#1 and EoS#2
is a component link and the link connection verification of EoS#2 between
Node#1 and Node#3 could be performed. The only condition is, of course,  is
to observe the definition of the LMP adjacency above.

    Node#1               Node#2            Node#3
          |-----EoS#1----|                        |
          |------------EoS#2------------|

    Could you help me if my understanding is short ?

    Thanks,

    Young.