Subject: [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-oki-ccamp-gmpls-ip-interworking-06.txt]

From: Kohei Shiomoto <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 09:30:10 +0900

Hi all

A new version of the MPLS-GMPLS interwork and migration draft has been
uploaded.

"IP/MPLS-GMPLS interworking in support of IP/MPLS to GMPLS migration"
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-oki-ccamp-gmpls-ip-interworking-06.txt

Summary of change:
Section 2 (New)
- Addressed interworking MPLS-TE and GMPLS
     "Three issues on interworking between MPLS-based packet networks
     and GMPLS-based optical transport network result from the fact
     that control and data planes are separated in GMPLS-based
     optical transport networks. These three issues are (1) lack of
     routing and signaling adjacencies, (2) control plane resource
     exhaustion, and (3) TE path computation over the border between
     MPLS and GMPLS domains."
Section 3
- Added 3.7 Integrated migration model
Section 5
- Removed 4.2.1 Segment stitching of the previous version
- Moved 5.1.2 Discovery of GMPLS signaling capability from 4.2.4 of the
previous version.
- Added 5.3 Path computation
Throughout the document
- Cleaned up text for readability (Removed redundancy, etc)

Comments and feedbacks are highly appreciated.
Best regards,
--
Kohei Shiomoto

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-oki-ccamp-gmpls-ip-interworking-06.txt
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 10:50:01 -0400
From: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: IP/MPLS-GMPLS interworking in support of
                          IP/MPLS to GMPLS migration
	Author(s)	: E. Oki, et al.
	Filename	: draft-oki-ccamp-gmpls-ip-interworking-06.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 2005-7-19
	
Over time Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS) traffic
     engineered networks may be migrated to use Generalized MPLS
     (GMPLS). This will allow the networks to benefit from many new
     features that have been added to the GMPLS protocols.
     Additionally, such migration will facilitate easy interworking
     of packet networks that are controlled by IP/MPLS-TE protocols
     and networks that are controlled by GMPLS protocols.

     During this migration phase MPLS and GMPLS capable elements will
     have to co-exist and interwork. GMPLS signaling and routing
     protocols are subtly different from the MPLS protocols and so
     interworking and migration strategies are needed.

     This document describes issues associated with interworking of
     IP/MPLS-TE networks and GMPLS-based optical networks. Then it
     describes possible migration scenarios, mechanisms to compensate
     for the differences between MPLS and GMPLS protocols, and how to
     apply those mechanisms in order to achieve migration from MPLS
     to GMPLS.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-oki-ccamp-gmpls-ip-interworking-06.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-oki-ccamp-gmpls-ip-interworking-06.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-oki-ccamp-gmpls-ip-interworking-06.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

-- 
Kohei Shiomoto, Ph.D
NTT Network Service Systems Laboratories
3-9-11 Midori, Musashino, Tokyo 180-8585, Japan
Phone +81 422 59 4402    Fax +81 422 59 3787