Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-papadimitriou-ccamp-gmpls-ethernet-framework-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 23:21:28 +0200

ccamp'ers

during last IETF meeting it was reported that "ADs request a framework doc
and include how it relates to other SDOs, max 10 pages" on GMPLS for
Ethernet.

A DT has been put in place (the "GMPLS for Ethernet" design team) to
develop a framework and the basic requirements. DT details can be found at:
<https://psg.com/lists/ccamp/ccamp.2005/msg00502.html>

the first output of the design team is available at
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-papadimitriou-ccamp-gmpls-ethernet-framework-00.txt>

last round of discussions on this topic did generate a flury of e-mails on
the CCAMP mailing list - showing at least that specific issues needed to be
adequately addressed - this time and with the help of this document i hope
we can come to something more structured and hopefully more conclusive

thanks for your feedback !
---

To: [email-masked]
cc:
bcc:
Subject: I-D
ACTION:draft-papadimitriou-ccamp-gmpls-ethernet-framework-00.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

      Title       : A Framework for Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) Ethernet
      Author(s)   : D. Papadimitriou, J. Choi
      Filename    :
draft-papadimitriou-ccamp-gmpls-ethernet-framework-00.txt
      Pages       : 16
      Date        : 2005-7-11

   Most efforts on Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) have been focused on
   environments covering Circuit oriented LSPs (Sonet/SDH, OTH, etc.)
   and IP/MPLS Packet switched networks. However, there is minimal
   documentation on GMPLS support of Layer-2 Label Switched Paths (L2
   LSPs), e.g. native Ethernet LSPs, Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM)
   LSPs and Frame Relay (FR) LSPs. This document provides a framework
   for GMPLS in support of L2 LSPs in several network environments, in
   particular, Ethernet.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-papadimitriou-ccamp-gmpls-ethernet-framework-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the
message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
      "get draft-papadimitriou-ccamp-gmpls-ethernet-framework-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
      [email-masked].
In the body type:
      "FILE
/internet-drafts/draft-papadimitriou-ccamp-gmpls-ethernet-framework-00.txt".

NOTE: The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
      MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
      feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
      command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
      a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
      exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
      "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
      up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
      how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-papadimitriou-ccamp-gmpls-ethernet-framework-00.txt

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce