Subject: RE: Proposed response to ITU-T SG15 Questions 12 and 14 on ASON Lexicography

From: "Scott Brim \(sbrim\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 15:30:44 -0400

On Tuesday, July 19, 2005 06:59 AM, Adrian Farrel allegedly wrote:

> While the definition of GMPLS terms would be helpful for
> understanding GMPLS terms in a GMPLS context, that is not the
> purpose of this document.  

It would be polite to tell them where to find the definions :-)

---

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 10:45:16 +0100

Scott,

In general, providing a long list of RFCs and I-Ds would probably not be
helpful. In any case, it can be obtained by looking at the CCAMP and MPLS
charter pages.

On several occasions someone has suggested compiling a compendium of GMPLS
terms with cross-references to RFCs and I-Ds, while others have said this
is not worth the effort because it would be necessary to read the
referenced documents in their entirety anyway. The chairs have always said
that they would welcome such a compendium if someone wrote it and did a
thorough job, but no-one has stepped up to do this task.

The main point of my original comment is that the Lexicography is not this
compendium.

Thanks,
Adrian

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Scott Brim (sbrim)" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2005 8:30 PM
Subject: RE: Proposed response to ITU-T SG15 Questions 12 and 14 on ASON
Lexicography