Subject: Proposed liaison to SG15 on RFC 4139

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 08:32:54 +0100

Hi, 

I propose to send this liaison to Study Group 15 of the ITU-T. 

Comments please. 

Thanks,
Adrian 

======= 

To: ITU-T Study Group 15
From: IETF CCAMP Working Group
Subject: New Request for Comment Published
For: Information 

The CCAMP Working Group of the IETF wishes to inform Study Group 15 of the 
ITU-T of the publication of a new Request for Comment. 

RFC 4139 "Requirements for Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) Signaling Usage and 
Extensions for Automatically Switched Optical Network (ASON)" is available 
from the RFC Editor's repository at 
ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4139.txt 

The Abstract of this RFC reads as follows. 

  The Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS) suite of
  protocols has been defined to control different switching
  technologies and different applications.  These include support
  for requesting Time Division Multiplexing (TDM) connections, including
  Synchronous Optical Network (SONET)/Synchronous Digital Hierarchy
  (SDH) and Optical Transport Networks (OTNs).

  This document concentrates on the signaling aspects of the GMPLS
  suite of protocols.  It identifies the features to be covered by the
  GMPLS signaling protocol to support the capabilities of an
  Automatically Switched Optical Network (ASON).  This document provides
  a problem statement and additional requirements for the GMPLS
  signaling protocol to support the ASON functionality. 

The CCAMP Working Group would like to thank the members and Questions of 
Study Group 15 for the helpful input and review feedback that they provided 
while this document was being developed. 

Regards,
Adrian Farrel and Kireeti Kompella
CCAMP Working Group Co-chairs