Subject: RFC 4204 on Link Management Protocol (LMP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 17:13:11 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4204

        Title:      Link Management Protocol (LMP)
        Author(s):  J. Lang, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       October 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      86
        Characters: 186515
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ccamp-lmp-10.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4204.txt

For scalability purposes, multiple data links can be combined to
form a single traffic engineering (TE) link.  Furthermore, the
management of TE links is not restricted to in-band messaging, but
instead can be done using out-of-band techniques.  This document
specifies a link management protocol (LMP) that runs between a pair
of nodes and is used to manage TE links.  Specifically, LMP will be
used to maintain control channel connectivity, verify the physical
connectivity of the data links, correlate the link property
information, suppress downstream alarms, and localize link failures
for protection/restoration purposes in multiple kinds of networks.

This document is a product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.