Subject: Question on draft-ietf-ccamp-inter-domain-pd-path-comp-01.txt

From: Tomonori TAKEDA <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 20:00:42 +0900

Hi JP, Arthi, Raymond

I have a small question on draft-ietf-ccamp-inter-domain-pd-path-comp-01.txt.
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-inter-domain-pd-path-comp-01.txt

In section 4, it says:

    In terms of computation of an inter-AS TE LSP path, an interesting
    optimization technique consists of allowing the ASBRs to flood the TE
    information related to the inter-ASBR link(s) although no IGP TE is
    enabled over those links (and so there is no IGP adjacency over the
    inter-ASBR links).

It sounds like passive interface in IP. Is it applicable (or is there a 
defined way) in (G)MPLS TE?

Note I think:
- This technique is as useful when PCE is used, assuming (each) PCE 
participates routing in each domain (in this case, AS)
- This technique may be as useful in GMPLS overlay network

Thanks,
Tomonori