Subject: draft announcement: draft-shiba-ccamp-gmpls-lambda-labels-00.txt

From: Richard Rabbat <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 18:34:13 -0700

Dear all,
we have submitted the following draft for consideration by the CCAMP WG.
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-shiba-ccamp-gmpls-lambda-labels-00.txt

Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-shiba-ccamp-gmpls-lambda-labels-00.txt 
Date: 2005-10-07 19:50:02 GMT (5 days, 1 hour and 21 minutes ago)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Generalized Labels of Lambda-Switching Capable Label Switching Routers (LSR)s
	Author(s)	: S. Shiba, R. Rabbat
	Filename	: draft-shiba-ccamp-gmpls-lambda-labels-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 2005-10-7
	
   Technology in the optical domain is constantly evolving and as a 
   consequence equipment providing true lambda switching capability has 
   been developed and is currently being deployed. [RFC3471] has defined 
   that a wavelength label (section 3.2.1.1) "only has significance 
   between two neighbors". However, in a network composed of "true" 
   lambda switch capable equipments, the label should have global 
   meaning similarly to the label defined for SONET/SDH technology 
   (SUKLM format defined in [RFC3946]). 

   This document is a companion to the Generalized Multi-Protocol Label 
   Switching (GMPLS) signaling. It defines the Label Switching Capable 
   (LSC) technology specific information needed when using GMPLS. 

--
We look forward to feedback from ccamp members.
Specifically, is the problem statement well posed?
Is this a topic that CCAMP would like to address?

Richard & Sidney.