Subject: Opinion on WG drafts for Multi-region/layer networks

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 21:55:41 -0000

Hi,

We have a charter milestone to start WG work on a Requirements I-D for
MRN/MLN, and also an Evaluation I-D to examine how the current protocols
shape up to the challenge.

There are two appropriate I-Ds that have been around for a while.

draft-shiomoto-ccamp-gmpls-mrn-reqs-03.txt
draft-leroux-ccamp-gmpls-mrn-eval-02.txt

I propose that we make these WG documents and then give them a thorough
review and edit.

Opinions please.

Yes or no will suffice, but reasons are always nice.

Thanks,
Adrian

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 08:58:02 +0100

agreed - 

with the increase trend in building multi-layer capable devices/networks 
this becomes a sensible topic to be covered by the WG; 

now, these documents are more than probably not perfect (note: perfection 
is not obtained when there is nothing to be added but when there is 
nothing to be removed) but imho are in reasonable shape and they certainly 
deserve attention from the WG in order to shape subsequent GMPLS 
mechanisms and operations for such environments

"Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Sent by: [email-masked]
21/12/2005 22:55
Please respond to "Adrian Farrel"
 
        To:     <[email-masked]>
        cc: 
        Subject:        Opinion on WG drafts for Multi-region/layer 
networks

Hi,

Opinions please.

Thanks,
Adrian

---

From: Tomonori TAKEDA <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 21:30:13 +0900

Yes (to both).

Regards,
Tomonori

---

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 21:40:02 +0900

In favor.

Ichiro Inoue

---

From: JP Vasseur <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 08:22:03 -0500

in favor.

JP.

---

From: Igor Bryskin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 06:56:25 -0800 (PST)

Hi,
   
  I believe this work is very important.
   
  Igor

Adrian Farrel <[email-masked]> wrote:
  Hi,

Opinions please.

Thanks,
Adrian

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around 
http://mail.yahoo.com

---

From: Huub van Helvoort <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 23:04:08 +0100

Hello Adrian,

> I propose that we make these WG documents and then give them a thorough

I am in favor to progress these drafts.

Cheers, Huub.

-- 
================================================================
              http://members.chello.nl/hhelvoort/
================================================================
Always remember that you are unique...just like everyone else...

---

From: Richard Rabbat <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 14:27:32 -0800

yes to both

two questions:
1. since MLN is a special case of MRN, can we collapse this whole topic 
to MRN? is there a compelling reason for keeping these 2 notation?
2. Section 3 of draft-leroux-ccamp-gmpls-mrn-eval-02.txt is a 
requirments section and therefore not relevant to this draft but belongs 
to draft-shiomoto-ccamp-gmpls-mrn-reqs-03.txt. there is no advantage to 
repeting requirements.

thanks,
richard.

---

From: Kohei Shiomoto <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 08:22:10 +0900

Yes, I agree that we make two documents WG documents.

-- 
Kohei Shiomoto
NTT Network Service Systems Laboratories