Subject: Cross-WG review requested

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 18:31:29 -0000

Hi OSPF Working Group,

CCAMP has just accepted two I-Ds that may be of interest to you.

Routing extensions for discovery of Traffic Engineering Node Capabilities
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-te-node-cap-00.txt

This I-D specifies OSPF and IS-IS traffic engineering extensions for the
advertisement of control plane and data plane traffic engineering node
capabilities. This I-D makes use of draft-ietf-ospf-cap by defining a new
TLV to be included in the Router Information LSA.

Routing extensions for discovery of Multiprotocol (MPLS) Label Switch
Router (LSR) Traffic Engineering (TE) mesh membership
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-automesh-00.txt

This document specifies OSPF and IS-IS traffic engineering extensions so
as to provide an automatic discovery of the set of LSRs members of a mesh,
leading to an automatic mechanism to set up TE LSP mesh(es) (also referred
to as a mesh-group). This I-D makes use of draft-ietf-ospf-cap by defining
a new TLV to be included in the Router Information LSA.

We would appreciate your feedback, ideally on the CCAMP mailing list, but
alternatively to the WG chairs or to the authors direct. (We will also be
consulting the IS-IS mailing list).

Since this work is relatively mature, we will be progressing the documents
to WG last call in the New Year, after suitable editorial refinement.

Many thanks,
Adrian per pro CCAMP