Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-ason-lexicography-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 18:50:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: A Lexicography for the Interpretation of 
                          Generalized Multiprotocol Label Switching 
                          (GMPLS) Terminology within The Context of the 
                          ITU-T's Automatically Switched Optical Network
                          (ASON) Architecture
	Author(s)	: I. Bryskin, A. Farrel
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-ason-lexicography-05.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 2005-12-14
	
Generalized Multiprotocol Label Switching (GMPLS) has been developed
   by the IETF to facilitate the establishment of Label Switched Paths
   (LSPs) in a variety of data plane technologies and across several
   architectural models. The ITU-T has specified an architecture for
   the control of Automatically Switched Optical Networks (ASON).

   This document provides a lexicography for the interpretation of GMPLS
   terminology within the context of the ASON architecture.

   It is important to note that GMPLS is applicable in a wider set of
   contexts than just ASON. The definitions presented in this document
   do not provide exclusive or complete interpretations of GMPLS
   concepts. This document simply allows the GMPLS terms to be applied
   within the ASON context.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-ason-lexicography-05.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-ason-lexicography-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-ason-lexicography-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 14:04:11 -0000

Hi,

The 04 revision recently published reflected updates from our liaison
exchange with the ITU-T. We believe that all points are now closed down
and that document is complete.

This 05 revision corrects a typo that Kohei spotted (thanks).

I will ask Kireeti to run a last call, since I'm an editor.

During your review, I would like you to pay particularly good attention to
the text that describes GMPLS concepts. This text is not intended to be
definitive, but it will be read by many people as providing clarification,
so it needs to be right.

Thanks,
Adrian