Subject: RFC4327 LMP MIB

From: "Tom Petch" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 10:54:28 +0100

Adrian

Good to see RFC4327 emerge from the RFC Editor.

Unfortunately:-(, in its use of TruthValue, it has a mixture of false(1),
false(2), true(1) and true(2) whereas RFC2579 only allows

TruthValue ::= TEXTUAL-CONVENTION
    STATUS       current
    DESCRIPTION
            "Represents a boolean value."
    SYNTAX       INTEGER { true(1), false(2) }

This occurs both in the descriptive text in the examples and in the MIB module
itself.

I suggest raising an erratum.

Tom Petch

---

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 14:48:57 -0000

Hi,

Tom has correctly caught a small issue that proves that even the MIB
Doctor review process does not catch all nits.

As Tom says, the correct values of TruthValue are true(1) and false(2).

Fortunately, I think that these errors are unlikely to have caused
implementation errors because people will use the named variables, not the
absolute values.

However, this is a heads-up that we will spin a bis to clean this up. If
you think that fixing the errors listed below will cause you an
interoperability problem, please let me know immediately.

At the same time, please let us know of any other issues with this MIB
module.

Thanks,
Adrian

We have the following errors...

Section 7 (worked example) Two instances of...
      lmpCcIsIf                         = false(1),
      lmpCcAuthentication               = false(1),
Should read
      lmpCcIsIf                         = false(2),
      lmpCcAuthentication               = false(2),

Section 7 (worked example)
      lmpTeLinkVerification       = true(2),
      lmpTeLinkFaultManagement    = true(2),
      lmpTeLinkDwdm               = false(1),
should read
      lmpTeLinkVerification       = true(1),
      lmpTeLinkFaultManagement    = true(1),
      lmpTeLinkDwdm               = false(2),

Section 7 (worked example)
      lmpLinkVerifyAllLinks           = true(2),
should read
      lmpLinkVerifyAllLinks           = true(1),

Section 8 paragraph 1
   An lmpControlChannelTable entry is
   designated as being represented as an Interfaces MIB ifEntry if the
   lmpControlChannelEntry object lmpCcIsIf is set to true (2).
should read
   An lmpControlChannelTable entry is
   designated as being represented as an Interfaces MIB ifEntry if the
   lmpControlChannelEntry object lmpCcIsIf is set to true (1).

Section 9
lmpControlChannelEntry OBJECT-TYPE
   SYNTAX        LmpControlChannelEntry
   MAX-ACCESS    not-accessible
   STATUS        current
   DESCRIPTION
       "An entry in this table is created by a LMP-enabled device for
        every control channel.  Whenever a new entry is created with
        lmpCcIsIf set to true(2), then a corresponding entry is
        created in ifTable as well (see RFC 2863)."
   INDEX         { lmpCcId }
   ::= { lmpControlChannelTable 1 }
should read
lmpControlChannelEntry OBJECT-TYPE
   SYNTAX        LmpControlChannelEntry
   MAX-ACCESS    not-accessible
   STATUS        current
   DESCRIPTION
       "An entry in this table is created by a LMP-enabled device for
        every control channel.  Whenever a new entry is created with
        lmpCcIsIf set to true(1), then a corresponding entry is
        created in ifTable as well (see RFC 2863)."
   INDEX         { lmpCcId }
   ::= { lmpControlChannelTable 1 }

Section 9
lmpLinkVerifyAllLinks OBJECT-TYPE
   SYNTAX        TruthValue
   MAX-ACCESS    read-create
   STATUS        current
   DESCRIPTION
       "A value of true(2) for this object indicates that the
        verification process checks all unallocated links, otherwise
        only the new ports or component links that have been added to
        this TE link are verified."
   ::= { lmpLinkVerificationEntry 4 }
Should read
lmpLinkVerifyAllLinks OBJECT-TYPE
   SYNTAX        TruthValue
   MAX-ACCESS    read-create
   STATUS        current
   DESCRIPTION
       "A value of true(1) for this object indicates that the
        verification process checks all unallocated links, otherwise
        only the new ports or component links that have been added to
        this TE link are verified."
   ::= { lmpLinkVerificationEntry 4 }

Section 9
      GROUP lmpCcIsNotInterfaceGroup
      DESCRIPTION
          "This group is mandatory for devices that support
           control channels that are not interfaces, in addition to
           lmpControlChannelGroup.  The following constraints apply:
           lmpCcIsIf must at least be read-only returning false(1)."
should read
      GROUP lmpCcIsNotInterfaceGroup
      DESCRIPTION
          "This group is mandatory for devices that support
           control channels that are not interfaces, in addition to
           lmpControlChannelGroup.  The following constraints apply:
           lmpCcIsIf must at least be read-only returning false(2)."

Section 9
      GROUP lmpCcIsInterfaceGroup
      DESCRIPTION
          "This group is mandatory for devices that support
           control channels that are interfaces, in addition to
           lmpControlChannelGroup.  The following constraints apply:
           lmpCcIsIf must at least be read-only returning true(2)."
Should read
      GROUP lmpCcIsInterfaceGroup
      DESCRIPTION
          "This group is mandatory for devices that support
           control channels that are interfaces, in addition to
           lmpControlChannelGroup.  The following constraints apply:
           lmpCcIsIf must at least be read-only returning true(1)."

Section 9
      GROUP lmpCcIsNotInterfaceGroup
      DESCRIPTION
          "This group is mandatory for devices that support
           control channels that are not interfaces, in addition to
           lmpControlChannelGroup.  The following constraints apply:
           lmpCcIsIf must at least be read-only returning false(1)."
Should read
      GROUP lmpCcIsNotInterfaceGroup
      DESCRIPTION
          "This group is mandatory for devices that support
           control channels that are not interfaces, in addition to
           lmpControlChannelGroup.  The following constraints apply:
           lmpCcIsIf must at least be read-only returning false(2)."

Section 9
      GROUP lmpCcIsInterfaceGroup
      DESCRIPTION
          "This group is mandatory for devices that support
           control channels that are interfaces, in addition to
           lmpControlChannelGroup.  The following constraints apply:
           lmpCcIsIf must at least be read-only returning true(2)."
Should read
      GROUP lmpCcIsInterfaceGroup
      DESCRIPTION
          "This group is mandatory for devices that support
           control channels that are interfaces, in addition to
           lmpControlChannelGroup.  The following constraints apply:
           lmpCcIsIf must at least be read-only returning true(1)."