Subject: Proposed Reply to ITU-T SG15 liaison on ASON work

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 18:23:13 -0000

Hi,

We received a liaison from SG15 and need to generate a response by Jan
27th.

The incoming liaison can be seen at
https://datatracker.ietf.org/documents/LIAISON/file210.doc

I propose the following response.
Comments please.

Thanks,
Adrian
=====

From: IETF CCAMP Working Group
To: ITU-T SG15
Subject: Response to your liaison on ASON Related Work
For: Information

The CCAMP Working Group thanks Q12/15 and Q14/15 for their liaison on ASON
Related Work addressed to the PCE Working Group. We welcome continued
cooperation and exchange of ideas with SG15 on control plane issues
related to GMPLS and ASON.

Routing.
As you note, work has started to address the specific requirements of ASON
routing that are not already met by existing protocol specifications as
identified by draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-ason-routing-eval-02.txt. A new draft
(draft-dimitri-ccamp-ason-routing-sol-00.txt) captures some of the new
work and CCAMP welcomes your support for its general direction. As this
draft develops it will be merged with any other ideas brought to our
attention and a working group draft will be produced. We will be sure to
liaise this to you when it is sufficiently stable.

Signaling
We welcome your interest in collaboratively exploring any opportunities
for convergence of signaling solutions, and we will be sure to liaise to
you and future signaling working group drafts specific to ASON as soon as
they are sufficiently stable.

Regards,
Adrian Farrel and Kireeti Kompella
CCAMP Working Group chairs

---

From: "Ash, Gerald R \(Jerry\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 13:00:22 -0600

Adrian,

Looks good, minor suggestions below.

Thanks,
Jerry

RE:
"As this draft develops it will be merged with any other ideas brought
to our attention and a working group draft will be produced."

Suggested rewording:
"As this draft develops it will be merged, as appropriate, with any
other proposals brought to our attention and a working group draft will
be produced."

RE:
"We welcome your interest in collaboratively exploring any opportunities
for convergence of signaling solutions, and we will be sure to liaise to
you *any* future signaling working group drafts specific to ASON as soon
as they are sufficiently stable."