Subject: Document Action: 'Evaluation of existing Routing Protocols against ASON routing requirements' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 15:10:40 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Evaluation of existing Routing Protocols against ASON routing requirements '
   <draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-ason-routing-eval-03.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane 
Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Ross Callon and Bill Fenner.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-ason-routing-eval-03.txt

Technical Summary
 
 This is an informational document that could be thought of as serving a
liaision function, since it discusses how IETF routing protocols (particularly
OSPF and IS-IS) can support the ASON work that is being done in the ITU.
 
Working Group Summary
 
 No dissent. 
 
Protocol Quality
 
 Ross Callon has reviewed this for the IESG. Also reviewed by Deborah Brungard
at Ross's request. Document has a good set of authors across CCAMP, IGP WGs,
ITU-T and OSPF. Also reviewed closely by ITU-T SG15 (with liaisons exchanged).