Subject: RFC 4783 on GMPLS - Communication of Alarm Information

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 10:25:24 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4783

        Title:      GMPLS - Communication of Alarm 
                    Information 
        Author:     L. Berger, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       December 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      19
        Characters: 42068
        Updates:    RFC3473
        See-Also:   

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-alarm-spec-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4783.txt

This document describes an extension to Generalized MPLS (Multi-Protocol 
Label Switching) signaling to support communication of alarm information. 
GMPLS signaling already supports the control of alarm reporting, but not 
the communication of alarm information.  This document presents both a
functional description and GMPLS-RSVP specifics of such an extension.
This document also proposes modification of the RSVP ERROR_SPEC object.

This document updates RFC 3473, "Generalized Multi-Protocol Label
Switching (GMPLS) Signaling Resource ReserVation Protocol-Traffic
Engineering (RSVP-TE) Extensions", through the addition of new,
optional protocol elements.  It does not change, and is fully
backward compatible with, the procedures specified in RFC 3473.  
[STANDADS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the 
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization 
state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is 
unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...