Subject: Wavelength Switched Optical Networking Drafts

From: Greg Bernstein <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 17:22:41 -0700

Hi CCAMPers, a revised version of the wavelength switched optical 
networking draft is now available at 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bernstein-ccamp-wavelength-switched-02.txt
This incorporates most of the comments received from the CCAMP list and 
the authors propose that this become a working group draft in order to 
guide the optical efforts at CCAMP and PCE. This document would be 
informational and would contain problem descriptions and models 
highlightng differences encountered in the wavelength switched case 
relative to TDM or MPLS situations.

In addition we have published two more WSON related drafts:
(a) Information encoding for WSON:  
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bernstein-ccamp-wson-info-00.txt 
where we have specified some initial compact encodings of pertinent 
information used in the RWA process.

(b) Signaling extensions for WSON: 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bernstein-ccamp-wson-signaling-00.txt 
where we take a first general crack at defining traffic parameters for 
lightpaths and other useful info to assist in distributed wavelength 
assignment (the WA in RWA). 

Regards

Greg B.

-- 
===================================================
Dr Greg Bernstein, Grotto Networking (510) 573-2237