Subject: draft-ietf-ccamp-mpls-gmple-framework updated after IESG review

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 11:25:43 -0000

Hi,

Changes are below (as approved by the IESG).

Thanks,
Adrian

==
Section 4.3
Replace final paragraph
OLD
   Interoperability concerns, though, are exacerbated by this migration
   model, unless all LSRs in the network are updated simultaneously and
   there is a clear understanding of which subset of features are to be
   included in the hybrid LSRs. Interworking between a hybrid LSR and an
   unchanged MPLS LSR would put the hybrid LSR in the role of a GMPLS
   LSR as described in the previous sections and puts the unchanged LSR
   in the role of an MPLS LSR. The potential for different hybrids
   within the network will complicate matters considerably.
NEW
   Interoperability concerns though are exacerbated by this migration
   model, unless all LSRs in the network are updated simultaneously and
   there is a clear understanding of which subset of features are to be
   included in the hybrid LSRs. Interworking between a hybrid LSR and an
   unchanged MPLS LSR would put the hybrid LSR in the role of a GMPLS
   LSR as described in the previous sections and puts the unchanged LSR
   in the role of an MPLS LSR. The potential for different hybrids
   within the network will complicate matters considerably. This model 
   is, therefore, only appropriate for use when the set of new features
   to be deployed is well known and limited, and where there is a clear
   understanding of and agreement on this set of features by the network
   operators of the ISP(s) involved as well as all vendors whose 
   equipment will be involved in the migration.
===
Section 5
Update 4th paragraph
OLD
   The second strategy for PSC and non-PSC networks is to migrate from
   the PSC network to GMPLS, first, and then enable GMPLS within the
   non-PSC network. The PSC network is migrated as described before, and
   when the entire PSC network is completely converted to GMPLS, GMPLS-
   based non-PSC devices and networks may be introduced without any
   issues of interworking between MPLS and GMPLS.
NEW
   The second strategy is to migrate the PSC network to GMPLS first, and
   then enable GMPLS within the non-PSC network. The PSC network is 
   migrated as described before, and when the entire PSC network is 
   completely converted to GMPLS, GMPLS-based non-PSC devices and 
   networks may be introduced without any issues of interworking between
   MPLS and GMPLS.
===
Section 5.1.4
New section
ADD
5.1.4. Path Computation Element

   The Path Computation Element (PCE) [RFC4655] may provide an 
   additional tool to aid MPLS to GMPLS migration. If a layered network
   approach (Section 5.1.1) is used, PCEs may be used to facilitate the
   computation of paths for LSPs in the different layers 
   [PCE-INTER-LAYER].
===
Section 12.2
Add new references
ADD
   [RFC4655] A. Farrel, JP. Vasseur and J. Ash, "A Path Computation
             Element (PCE)-Based Architecture", RFC 4655, August 2006.

   [PCE-INTER-LAYER] Oki, E., Le Roux , J-L,. and Farrel, A., "Framework
             for PCE-Based Inter-Layer MPLS and GMPLS Traffic
             Engineering," draft-ietf-pce-inter-layer-frwk, work in  
             progress.
===