Subject: Draft liaison response to ITU-T on T-MPLS ring protection

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 11:14:56 -0000

Hi,

Here is a brief draft response to the ITU-T's liaison that you can see at 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/documents/LIAISON/file502.pdf

Any comments?

Thanks,
Adrian

===

To: ITU-T Q9/15
Cc: Steven Trowbridge, Ghani Abbas, Ross Callon, Dave Ward, Scott Bradner, 
CCAMP Mailing List
From: IETF CCAMP Working Group
Subject: Response to Your Liaison on T-MPLS Ring Protection
In Response

Dear Ghani,

Thank you for your liaison from your Madeira interim meeting on T-MPLS Ring 
Protection, and for taking the time to keep us informed.

At the moment, it appears that your work is limited to the MPLS forwarding 
plane with control from the Management Plane with coordination with MPLS 
OAM. As such, this work falls within the remit of the IETF's MPLS and PWE3 
working groups. You will also be aware that the IAB has set up a design team 
to address issues in preparation of the potential cooperation between IETF 
and ITU-T on T-MPLS; we trust that you have appropriately consulted this 
team in keeping with the spirit of cooperation between the ITU-T and the 
IETF.

At such time as your work on T-MPLS ring protection (or indeed on any aspect 
of T-MPLS) extends to requirements or solutions for a control plane, we 
request that you communicate with us early in the process so that we may 
ensure that the industry arrives at a single and fully compatible solution.

Best regards,
Adrian Farrel and Deborah Brungard
IETF CCAMP Working Group Co-Chairs