Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-mln-reqs-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 12:00:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Requirements for GMPLS-Based Multi-Region and Multi-Layer Networks (MRN/MLN)
	Author(s)	: K. Shiomoto, D. Papadimitriou, J. Roux, M. Vigoureux, D. Brungard, E. Oki, I. Inoue, E. Dotaro
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-mln-reqs-08.txt
	Pages		: 25
	Date		: 2008-2-8
	
Most of the initial efforts to utilize Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) 
    have been related to environments hosting devices with a single 
    switching capability. The complexity raised by the control of such 
    data planes is similar to that seen in classical IP/MPLS networks. 
    By extending MPLS to support multiple switching technologies, GMPLS 
    provides a comprehensive framework for the control of a multi-
    layered network of either a single switching technology or multiple 
    switching technologies.  In GMPLS, a switching technology domain defines a region, and a 
    network of multiple switching types is referred to in this document 
    as a Multi-Region Network (MRN). When referring in general to a 
    layered network, which may consist of either a single or multiple 
    regions, this document uses the term, Multi-Layer Network (MLN). 
    This document defines a framework for GMPLS based multi-region / 
    multi-layer networks and lists a set of functional requirements.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-mln-reqs-08.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-mln-reqs-08.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-mln-reqs-08.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.