Subject: FW: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-ethernet-arch-00

From: "Don Fedyk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 17:33:26 -0500

FYI

The chairs asked us to remind you that plans are to progress this draft
based on WG input.  Please send any comments to the list.

Thanks,
Don for the DT  

------------------------------------------------------------------------
---

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-ethernet-arch-00.txt has
been successfuly submitted by Don Fedyk and posted to the IETF
repository.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-ethernet-arch
-00.txt

Filename:	 draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-ethernet-arch
Revision:	 00
Title:		 GMPLS Ethernet Label Switching Architecture and
Framework
Creation_date:	 2008-02-06
WG ID:		 ccamp
Number_of_pages: 20

Abstract:
There has been significant recent work in increasing the capabilities
of Ethernet switches. As a consequence, the role of Ethernet is
rapidly expanding into "transport networks" that previously were the
domain of other technologies such as SONET/SDH TDM and ATM. This
document defines an architecture and framework for a GMPLS based
control plane for Ethernet in this "transport network" capacity.
GMPLS has already been specified for similar technologies. Some
additional extensions to the GMPLS control plane are needed and this
document provides a framework for these extensions.Contents

The IETF Secretariat.