Subject: ITU-T Re-review of RFC 4258 and RFC 4652

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2008 11:59:18 -0000

Hi,

We heard that the ITU-T SG15 was not happy with the analysis of ASON routing 
produced by the design team and captured in RFC 4258 and RFC 4652. We sent 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/liaison/356/ soliciting further review and 
input.

This has given rise to a response (asking us to act by 15th September 2008).

The text of the response is brief:

"ITU-T thanks IETF for the opportunity to review RFC 4258 and RFC 4652
to determine if the RFCs contain ITU-T's current requirements for
ASON routing.  Attached to this liaison is the result of the review,
which looks at the requirements in the current in-force versions of
G.8080, G.7715 and G.7715.1 and determines if RFC 4258 and RFC 4652
documents ITU-T's existing as well as new requirements.

We would appreciate collaborating with IETF in the review of the
attached table as well as resolving the gaps between the ITU-T
documents and the RFCs.

We look forward to work with the IETF to resolve this gap. Please
advise on the best method of working together to resolve this issue."

The analysis of the requirements is provided in an attachment which you can 
find at https://datatracker.ietf.org/documents/LIAISON/file531.pdf

Thanks,
Adrian