Subject: Communication to the MEF from the IETF's CCAMP Working Group

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 21:08:52 +0100

Dear Nan, Bob, and Bill,

The IETF's CCAMP working group would like to inform the MEF of work it is
carrying out to apply GMPLS protocols to the requirements of the Ethernet
UNI and Ethernet service spectrum defined by the MEF. GMPLS is a family of
IP-based protocols developed within the IETF and applicable to a range of
technologies from packet switched networks (such as MPLS), through layer 2
networks (such as ATM, Frame Relay, and Ethernet), to optical networks (like
TDM and WDM).

We would like to draw your intention to the following Internet-Drafts that
we are working on. We would welcome any feedback from your members on the
requirements, details of the solutions proposed, or applicability of our
work.

"Ethernet Traffic Parameters"
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-ethernet-traffic-parameters-04.txt

"Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) Support For Metro Ethernet Forum and G.8011
User-Network Interface (UNI)"
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-mef-uni-00.txt

"Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) Support For Metro Ethernet Forum and G.8011
Ethernet Service Switching"
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-ether-svcs-00.txt

"GMPLS Ethernet Label Switching Architecture and Framework"
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-ethernet-arch-01.txt

Best regards,
Adrian Farrel and Deborah Brungard
IETF CCAMP Working Group Co-Chairs