Subject: Draft communication to the MEF

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 16:14:33 +0100

Hi,

Deborah and I took an action to send a communication to the MEF about our 
work with Ethernet to address their UNI and Service requirements. Now that 
we have WG drafts on the topics, we have prepared the attached.

Please let me know if you have any comments.

Thanks,
Deborah and Adrian

===
Communication to the MEF from the IETF's CCAMP Working Group

The IETF's CCAMP working group would like to inform the MEF of work it is 
carrying out to apply GMPLS protocols to the requirements of the Ethernet 
UNI and Ethernet service spectrum defined by the MEF. GMPLS is a family of 
IP-based protocols developed within the IETF and applicable to a range of 
technologies from packet switched networks (such as MPLS), through layer 2 
networks (such as ATM, Frame Relay, and Ethernet), to optical networks (like 
TDM and WDM).

We would like to draw your intention to the following Internet-Drafts that 
we are working on. We would welcome any feedback from your members on the 
requirements, details of the solutions proposed, or applicability of our 
work.

"Ethernet Traffic Parameters"
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-ethernet-traffic-parameters-04.txt

"Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) Support For Metro Ethernet Forum and G.8011
User-Network Interface (UNI)"
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-mef-uni-00.txt

"Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) Support For Metro Ethernet Forum and G.8011
Ethernet Service Switching"
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-ether-svcs-00.txt

"GMPLS Ethernet Label Switching Architecture and Framework"
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-ethernet-arch-01.txt

Best regards,
Adrian Farrel and Deborah Brungard
IETF CCAMP Working Group Co-Chairs