Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-mln-reqs-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 02:00:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Requirements for GMPLS-Based Multi-Region and Multi-Layer Networks (MRN/MLN)
	Author(s)       : K. Shiomoto, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-mln-reqs-11.txt
	Pages           : 27
	Date            : 2008-05-28

Most of the initial efforts to utilize Generalized MPLS (GMPLS)
have been related to environments hosting devices with a single
switching capability. The complexity raised by the control of such
data planes is similar to that seen in classical IP/MPLS networks.
By extending MPLS to support multiple switching technologies, GMPLS
provides a comprehensive framework for the control of a multi-
layered network of either a single switching technology or multiple
switching technologies.

 Expires November 2008

[page 1]

 draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-mln-reqs-11.txt

 May 2008

 In GMPLS, a switching technology domain defines a region, and a
 network of multiple switching types is referred to in this document
 as a Multi-Region Network (MRN). When referring in general to a
 layered network, which may consist of either a single or multiple
 regions, this document uses the term, Multi-Layer Network (MLN).
 This document defines a framework for GMPLS based multi-region /
 multi-layer networks and lists a set of functional requirements.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-mln-reqs-11.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.