Subject: [CCAMP] I-D Action:draft-ietf-ccamp-pc-spc-rsvpte-ext-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 00:30:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : RSVP-TE Signaling Extension For Management Plane To Control Plane LSP Handover In A GMPLS Enabled Transport Network.
	Author(s)       : D. Caviglia, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ccamp-pc-spc-rsvpte-ext-03.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2009-07-27

We would like to dedicate this work to our friend and colleague Dino
Bramanti, who passed away at the early age of 38.  Dino has been
involved in this work since its beginning.

In a transport network scenario, where Data Plane connections
controlled either by GMPLS Control Plane (Soft Permanent Connections
- SPC) or by Management System (Permanent Connections - PC) may
independently coexist, the ability of transforming an existing PC
into a SPC and vice versa - without actually affecting Data Plane
traffic being carried over it - is a requirement [RFC5493].

This memo provides a minor extension to RSVP-TE [RFC2205], [RFC3471],
[RFC3473], [RFC4872] signaling protocol, within GMPLS architecture,
to enable such connection ownership transfer and describes the
defined procedures.  Failure conditions and subsequent roll back are
also defined taking into account that an handover failure MUST NOT
impact the already established data plane connections.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-pc-spc-rsvpte-ext-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.