Subject: [CCAMP] Proposed Liaison to ITU SG15 Q6 on G694 Labels

From: "BRUNGARD, DEBORAH A, ATTLABS" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 11:30:42 -0400

CCAMP,

As we agreed, we need to send a liaison to ITU's SG15 Q6 on our CCAMP
document, "Generalized Labels for G.694 Lambda-Switching Capable Label
Switching Routers". Checking the document, I noted it will expire before
the ITU meeting. I also noted that it predated Q6's decision to include
the encoding information in G.697 so it doesn't reference G.697. Suggest
we update the document to reference G.697 (and this will refresh the
document):
- Section 3, last sentence: "and should be followed as a wavelength
label."-> "and should be followed as a wavelength label which is based
on the encodings in [G.697]."
- Section 4, add reference to G.697 for grid and channel spacing.
- Informative References include G.697, for the date, we can say
"proposed" for now and then update it later.

As we need to include an updated link to the document for the liaison,
can the authors please update the document?

Let us know if any comments on this proposal.

Deborah and Lou

-----------------Proposed Liaison--------------------

From: IETF CCAMP WG
To: ITU-T Study Group 15 Question 6

Peter Stassar
Pete Anslow
Ross Callon
Adrian Farrel

Cc:
Scott Bradner
Francesco Montalti

Title: ITU-T Recommendation G.697 Parameter Encoding
Purpose: For Action
   
The CCAMP Working Group of IETF thanks you for your time in meeting with
members of CCAMP to discuss our WSON work at your Sunnyvale meeting. We
would like to request your review of the CCAMP document "Generalized
Labels for G.694 Lambda-Switching Capable Label Switching Routers":
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-g-694-lambda-labels-04.txt

This document was updated based on our discussion at the Sunnyvale
meeting on your proposed changes to G.697 (Appendix V on Parameter
encoding). 

We would appreciate your review to ensure our understanding is correct
on your proposed Wavelength ID field encoding. Would you please inform
us if this proposed Appendix has been included in the revised G.697
planned for consent at this September's SG15 Plenary meeting?

Best Regards,

Lou Berger and Deborah Brungard
IETF CCAMP Working Group Co-Chairs