Subject: [CCAMP] I-D Action:draft-ietf-ccamp-lsp-dppm-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 05:00:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Label Switched Path (LSP) Dynamic Provisioning Performance Metrics in Generalized MPLS Networks
	Author(s)       : W. Sun, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ccamp-lsp-dppm-11.txt
	Pages           : 52
	Date            : 2009-12-15

Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS) is one of the most
promising candidate technologies for future data transmission
network.  GMPLS has been developed to control and operate different
kinds of network elements, such as conventional routers, switches,
Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing (DWDM) systems, Add-Drop
Multiplexers (ADMs), photonic cross-connects (PXCs), optical cross-
connects (OXCs), etc.  The dynamic provisioning ability of these
physically diverse devices differs from each other drastically.  At
the same time, the need for dynamically provisioned connections is
increasing because optical networks are being deployed in metro
areas.  As different applications have varied requirements in the
provisioning performance of optical networks, it is imperative to
define standardized metrics and procedures such that the performance
of networks and application needs can be mapped to each other.

This document provides a series of performance metrics to evaluate
the dynamic Label Switched Path (LSP) provisioning performance in
GMPLS networks, specifically the dynamic LSP setup/release
performance.  These metrics can be used to characterize the features
of GMPLS networks in LSP dynamic provisioning.

Status of this Memo

This Internet-Draft is submitted to IETF in full conformance with the
provisions of BCP 78 and BCP 79.

Internet-Drafts are working documents of the Internet Engineering
Task Force (IETF), its areas, and its working groups.  Note that
other groups may also distribute working documents as Internet-
Drafts.

Internet-Drafts are draft documents valid for a maximum of six months
and may be updated, replaced, or obsoleted by other documents at any
time.  It is inappropriate to use Internet-Drafts as reference
material or to cite them other than as "work in progress."
The list of current Internet-Drafts can be accessed at
http://www.ietf.org/ietf/1id-abstracts.txt.

The list of Internet-Draft Shadow Directories can be accessed at
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html.

This Internet-Draft will expire on June 17, 2010.

Copyright Notice

Copyright (c) 2009 IETF Trust and the persons identified as the
document authors.  All rights reserved.

This document is subject to BCP 78 and the IETF Trust's Legal
Provisions Relating to IETF Documents
(http://trustee.ietf.org/license-info) in effect on the date of
publication of this document.  Please review these documents
carefully, as they describe your rights and restrictions with respect
to this document.  Code Components extracted from this document must
include Simplified BSD License text as described in Section 4.e of
the Trust Legal Provisions and are provided without warranty as
described in the BSD License.

This document may contain material from IETF Documents or IETF
Contributions published or made publicly available before November
10, 2008.  The person(s) controlling the copyright in some of this
material may not have granted the IETF Trust the right to allow
modifications of such material outside the IETF Standards Process.
Without obtaining an adequate license from the person(s) controlling
the copyright in such materials, this document may not be modified
outside the IETF Standards Process, and derivative works of it may
not be created outside the IETF Standards Process, except to format
it for publication as an RFC or to translate it into languages other
than English.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-lsp-dppm-11.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.