Subject: [CCAMP] please consider draft-villamizar-mpls-tp-multipath as WG item

From: Curtis Villamizar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 03:02:16 -0400

CCAMP WG,

Please consider adopting draft-villamizar-mpls-tp-multipath-00 as a WG
item.

Lou, Deb,

Even though this is just beyond 24 hours after you asked that time
slots be requested, please try to fit in a short time slot at IETF78.

Curtis

------- Forwarded Message [multiple blank lines removed]

From: IETF I-D Submission Tool [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, June 29, 2010 9:51 PM
To: Curtis Villamizar
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-villamizar-mpls-tp-multipath-00 

A new version of I-D, draft-villamizar-mpls-tp-multipath-00.txt has been successfully submitted by Curtis Villamizar and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-villamizar-mpls-tp-multipath
Revision:	 00
Title:		 Use of Multipath with MPLS-TP and MPLS
Creation_date:	 2010-06-29
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 35

Abstract:
Many MPLS implementations have supported multipath techniques and
many MPLS deployments have used multipath techniques, particularly in
very high bandwidth applications, such as provider IP/MPLS core
networks.  MPLS-TP has discouraged the use of multipath techniques.
Some degradation of MPLS-TP OAM performance cannot be avoided when
operating over current high bandwidth multipath implementations.

The tradeoffs involved in using multipath techniques with MPLS and
MPLS-TP are described.  Requirements are discussed which enable full
MPLS-TP compliant LSP including full OAM capability to be carried
over MPLS LSP which are traversing multipath links.  Other means of
supporting MPLS-TP coexisting with MPLS and multipath are discussed.

The IETF Secretariat.

------- End of Forwarded Message