Subject: [CCAMP] I-D Action:draft-ietf-ccamp-mpls-tp-cp-framework-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 14:15:06 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : MPLS-TP Control Plane Framework
	Author(s)       : L. Andersson, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ccamp-mpls-tp-cp-framework-02.txt
	Pages           : 49
	Date            : 2010-06-18

The MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) supports static provisioning
of transport paths via a Network Management System (NMS), and
dynamic provisioning of transport paths via a control plane. This
document provides the framework for MPLS-TP dynamic provisioning,
and covers control plane addressing, routing, path computation,
signaling, traffic engineering,, and path recovery.  MPLS-TP uses
GMPLS as the control plane for MPLS-TP LSPs and provides for
compatibility with MPLS.  MPLS-TP also uses the control plane for
Pseudowires (PWs).  Management plane functions such as manual
configuration and the initiation of LSP setup are out of scope of
this document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-mpls-tp-cp-framework-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 11:44:50 +0800

Hi all

When writing the requirements of R82/83/84/85, the following table give 
the tips of the solution:

     82. The MPLS-TP control plane must permit the testing and
         validation of the integrity of the protection/recovery
         transport path [RFC5654, requirement 84 A].

     83. The MPLS-TP control plane must permit the testing and
         validation of protection/ restoration mechanisms without
         triggering the actual protection/restoration [RFC5654,
         requirement 84 B].

     84. The MPLS-TP control plane must permit the testing and
         validation of protection/ restoration mechanisms while the
         working path is in service [RFC5654, requirement 84 C].

     85. The MPLS-TP control plane must permit the testing and
         validation of protection/ restoration mechanisms while the
         working path is out of service [RFC5654, requirement 84 D].

   |   82  | [RFC4872], [RFC4873] + Testing control (See Sec. 4.4.5)   |
   |   83  | [RFC4872], [RFC4873] + Testing control (See Sec. 4.4.5)   |
   |   84  | [RFC4872], [RFC4873] + Testing control (See Sec. 4.4.5)   |
   |   85  | [RFC4872], [RFC4873] + Testing control (See Sec. 4.4.5)   |

However, sec. 4.4.5 is describing the diagnostic testing, including 
loopback and throughput. The testing and validation process descirbed here 
should be a command of protection, like the exercise command of APS. AMHO, 
the solution should be the testing bit of Admin-status object, but I did 
not see any paticular usage of the T bit.

B.R.

Fei

:)

par

[email-masked] 
发件人:  [email-masked]
2010-06-19 05:15

收件人
[email-masked]
抄送
[email-masked]
主题
[CCAMP] I-D Action:draft-ietf-ccamp-mpls-tp-cp-framework-02.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Common Control and Measurement Plane 
Working Group of the IETF.

                 Title           : MPLS-TP Control Plane Framework
                 Author(s)       : L. Andersson, et al.
                 Filename        : 
draft-ietf-ccamp-mpls-tp-cp-framework-02.txt
                 Pages           : 49
                 Date            : 2010-06-18

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
ftp://[email-masked]/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-mpls-tp-cp-framework-02.txt
_______________________________________________
CCAMP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ccamp