Subject: [CCAMP] Pump-priming UNI/PCE/ENNI/MLN/... discussion

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 22:24:40 +0100

Hi,

Now that the draft agenda is out for CCAMP in Vancouver it is worth stirring up
a little discussion to see whether we can arrive in British Columbia with some
things ironed out and some ideas we want to dig into deeper.

A bunch of us have been working on a draft to summarise the problems and propose
an architecture. See the latest version at
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-farrel-interconnected-te-info-exchange-02

It might be helpful to break the discussion into consideration of the problem
statement first. Do we have any disagreement about the scope, the type of
network we need to solve, and the functions we need to deliver.  That should
take you up to the end of Section 3.

Then, as a separate discussion, perhaps we can get into the architecture. From a
broad high level, does it do what we want/need? Yes, there are some wrinkles and
nits to be sorted out in the details.  That should cover section 5.

Finally, can we use the architecture to do useful things. That will be sections
7 and (oops) 8.

Really looking forward to hearing people's opinions.

Thanks,
Adrian

---

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 22:45:08 +0100

Sorry!

Lou quite correctly points out that I should say...

This is not your AD directing how business in the WG should be done, nor at what
outcome the WG should arrive with consensus.

I am just being a humble co-author on a document that is not even a WG document.

If you all want to tell me I am mad or don't understand networks, that will not
only be your right, but will be quite refreshing. If you have other ideas about
how to arrange the discussion, go right ahead and tell me I am wrong or that you
prefer to do it different.

Adrian

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
> Adrian Farrel
> Sent: 22 October 2013 22:25
> To: 'CCAMP WG'
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: [CCAMP] Pump-priming UNI/PCE/ENNI/MLN/... discussion
> 
> Hi,
> 
> _______________________________________________
> CCAMP mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ccamp

---

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 23:44:41 -0000

...or, if you prefer, keep absolutely silent :-)

> Sent: 22 October 2013 22:45
> To: 'CCAMP WG'
> Subject: Re: [CCAMP] Pump-priming UNI/PCE/ENNI/MLN/... discussion
> 
> Sorry!
> 
> > Then, as a separate discussion, perhaps we can get into the architecture.
From
> a