Subject: [CCAMP] Document Action: 'Evaluation of existing GMPLS encoding against G.709v3 Optical Transport Networks (OTN)' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-ccamp-otn-g709-info-model-13.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2013 17:32:46 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Evaluation of existing GMPLS encoding against G.709v3 Optical
   Transport Networks (OTN)'
  (draft-ietf-ccamp-otn-g709-info-model-13.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Adrian Farrel and Stewart Bryant.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ccamp-otn-g709-info-model/

Technical Summary

   This document provides an evaluation of exiting GMPLS signaling
   and routing protocols against Optical Transport Networks (OTN)
   specified in ITU-T Recommendation G.709 as published in 2012. A
   previous version of G.709 was supported by GMPLS signaling per
   RFC4328.  

   This document is one of four informational and standards track 
   documents going through the publication process as a set.
   Reviewers of this document are particularly advised to look at 
   draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-g709-framework as well.

Working Group Summary

   Nothing of note for this document.

Document Quality

   This document provides background and an approach to extending
   exiting RFCs for which there are implementations, but does not
   itself define any protocol mechanisms.  The existing RFCs include
   RFC3471, RFC3473, RFC4202, RFC4203, RFC4204, RFC4328, 
   RFC4655.

Personnel
 
   Lou Berger is the Document Shepherd? 
   Adrian Farrel is the Responsible Area Director?