Subject: [CCAMP] Last Call: <draft-ietf-ccamp-wson-signaling-09.txt> (Signaling Extensions for Wavelength Switched Optical Networks) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2015 07:07:14 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Common Control and Measurement
Plane WG (ccamp) to consider the following document:
- 'Signaling Extensions for Wavelength Switched Optical Networks'
  <draft-ietf-ccamp-wson-signaling-09.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-03-18. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This memo provides extensions to Generalized Multi-Protocol Label
   Switching (GMPLS) signaling for control of Wavelength Switched
   Optical Networks (WSON).  Such extensions are applicable in WSONs
   under a number of conditions including: (a) when optional
   processing, such as regeneration, must be configured to occur at
   specific nodes along a path, (b) where equipment must be configured
   to accept an optical signal with specific attributes, or (c) where
   equipment must be configured to output an optical signal with
   specific attributes. In addition this memo provides mechanisms to
   support distributed wavelength assignment with choice in distributed
   wavelength assignment algorithms. These extensions build on previous
   work for the control of lambda and G.709 based networks, i.e. update
   RFC6205, to make it applicable to WSON-LSC capable equipment.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ccamp-wson-signaling/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ccamp-wson-signaling/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1061/