Subject: [CCAMP] Protocol Action: 'OSPF-TE Extensions for General Network Element Constraints' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-general-constraints-ospf-te-10.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2015 10:07:03 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'OSPF-TE Extensions for General Network Element Constraints'
  (draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-general-constraints-ospf-te-10.txt) as Proposed
Standard

This document is the product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alia Atlas and Adrian Farrel.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-general-constraints-ospf-te/

Technical Summary

   Generalized Multiprotocol Label Switching (GMPLS) can be used to
   control a wide variety of technologies including packet switching
   (e.g., MPLS), time-division (e.g., SONET/SDH, Optical Transport
   Network (OTN)), wavelength (lambdas), and spatial switching (e.g.,
   incoming port or fiber to outgoing port or fiber). In some of these
   technologies, network elements and links may impose additional
   routing constraints such as asymmetric switch connectivity, non-
   local label assignment, and label range limitations on links. This
   document describes Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) routing protocol
   extensions to support these kinds of constraints under the control
   of GMPLS.

Working Group Summary
  
   This topic been discussed in the WG for a very long time, perhaps 6
   years.  Support for the work has been tepid, but there are multiple
   sets of contributors who would like to see the work result in proposed
   standards. 
 
Document Quality

   The base GMPLS routing protocol has been implemented.  The extensions
   defined in this document are compatible with earlier implementations.
   Multiple implementors have stated their intent to implement, or have
   stated that they have already implemented, the mechanisms defined in
   this document.

Personnel

   Lou Berger is the Document Shepherd
   Adrian Farrel is the Responsible Area Director