Subject: [CCAMP] Fw: I-D Action: draft-ietf-ccamp-layer1-types-03.txt

From: Zhenghaomian <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2019 14:17:33 +0000

Hi, WG, 

The OTN YANG models, including draft-ietf-ccamp-layer1-types, draft-ietf-ccamp-otn-topo-yang, draft-ietf-ccamp-otn-tunnel-model, have been updated. The authors believe the documents are ready to proceed for YANG doctor review. 

A few technique issues have been fixed in module ietf-layer1-types, with more description and clarification for grouping usage. Accordingly, the module ietf-otn-topology and ietf-otn-tunnel have been inherited to the latest ietf-layer1-types. 

This is a joint work and great contributions have been received from the working group, your review and comments are welcome, as always. Thank you. 

Best wishes,
Haomian (on behalf of all authors & contributors)

-----邮件原件-----
发件人: I-D-Announce [mailto:[email-masked]] 代表 [email-masked]
发送时间: 2019年11月2日 15:56
收件人: [email-masked]
抄送: [email-masked]
主题: I-D Action: draft-ietf-ccamp-layer1-types-03.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Common Control and Measurement Plane WG of the IETF.

        Title           : A YANG Data Model for Layer 1 Types
        Authors         : Haomian Zheng
                          Italo Busi
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ccamp-layer1-types-03.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2019-11-02

Abstract:
   This document defines a collection of common data types and groupings
   in YANG data modeling language for layer 1 networks.  These derived
   common types and groupings are intended to be imported by modules
   that specifies the OTN networks, including the topology, tunnel,
   client signal adaptation and service.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ccamp-layer1-types/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ccamp-layer1-types-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-ccamp-layer1-types-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ccamp-layer1-types-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

---

From: tom petch <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2019 18:08:45 +0000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Zhenghaomian" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Saturday, November 02, 2019 2:17 PM

> Hi, WG,
>
> The OTN YANG models, including draft-ietf-ccamp-layer1-types,
draft-ietf-ccamp-otn-topo-yang, draft-ietf-ccamp-otn-tunnel-model, have
been updated. The authors believe the documents are ready to proceed for
YANG doctor review.

Looking at
draft-ietf-ccamp-otn-tunnel-model-09
it looks as if the YANG module has got ahead of the text in the I-D.

IANA Considerations registers two modules but I only see one YANG module
in the I-D

s.3.1
                  The OTN tunnel model
   also imports a few type modules, including ietf-otn-types, ietf-te-
   types and ietf-inet-types.
Not that I can see.

    import ietf-layer1-types {
      prefix "layer1-types";
      reference
      "I-D.ietf-ccamp-layer1-types:
          A YANG Data Model for Layer 1 Types. ";
I cannot see this I-D in the I-D references

Security
   Some of the RPC operations in this YANG module may be considered
   sensitive or vulnerable in some network environments.
I cannot see any RPC in this module

at which point I decided 'Revised I-D needed' and decided to wait for
that before performing a more detailed review.

Tom Petch

> A few technique issues have been fixed in module ietf-layer1-types,
with more description and clarification for grouping usage. Accordingly,
the module ietf-otn-topology and ietf-otn-tunnel have been inherited to
the latest ietf-layer1-types.
>
> This is a joint work and great contributions have been received from
the working group, your review and comments are welcome, as always.
Thank you.
> Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of
submission until the htmlized version and diff are available at
tools.ietf.org.
> Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html or
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt
> CCAMP mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ccamp
>