Subject: [CCAMP] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ccamp-flexigrid-yang-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2020 19:28:46 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Common Control and Measurement Plane WG of the IETF.

        Title           : A YANG Data Model for Flexi-Grid Optical Networks
        Authors         : Jorge E. Lopez de Vergara Mendez
                          Daniel Perdices Burrero
                          Daniel King
                          Young Lee
                          Haomian Zheng
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ccamp-flexigrid-yang-07.txt
	Pages           : 69
	Date            : 2020-09-22

Abstract:
   This document defines a YANG module for managing flexi-grid optical
   networks.  The model defined in this document specifies a flexi-grid
   traffic engineering database that is used to describe the topology of
   a flexi-grid network.  It is based on and augments existing YANG
   models that describe network and traffic engineering topologies.

   A partner document defines a second YANG module for flexi-grid media
   channels, i.e., the paths from source to destination through a number
   of intermediate nodes.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ccamp-flexigrid-yang/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ccamp-flexigrid-yang-07
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-ccamp-flexigrid-yang-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ccamp-flexigrid-yang-07

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: tom petch <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2020 16:10:17 +0000

From: CCAMP <[email-masked]> on behalf of [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Sent: 23 September 2020 03:28

<tp>
I struggle to understand this I-D.

When I look at the ABNF in s.5, give or take a few characters, I see
flexi-grid- transponder ::= transponder-type config state
flexi-grid-link ::= config state
flexi-grid- transponder ::= transponder-type config state
flexi-grid-link ::= config state
flexi-grid- transponder ::= transponder-type config state
flexi-grid-link ::= config state
What is the difference between the first and the second and the third set of definitions?

In passing, I think that reducing the indentation between successive lines makes it easier to read;  YANG often uses two characters which I perhaps got used to or perhaps it is just better!

Tom Petch

Abstract:

_______________________________________________
CCAMP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ccamp