Subject: [CCAMP] Last Call: <draft-ietf-ccamp-layer0-types-06.txt> (A YANG Data Model for Layer 0 Types) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2020 13:44:04 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Common Control and Measurement Plane
WG (ccamp) to consider the following document: - 'A YANG Data Model for Layer
0 Types'
  <draft-ietf-ccamp-layer0-types-06.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-09-30. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines a collection of common data types and groupings
   in the YANG data modeling language.  These derived common types and
   groupings are intended to be imported by modules that model Layer 0
   optical Traffic Engineering (TE) configuration and state capabilities
   such as Wavelength Switched Optical Networks (WSONs) and Flexi-grid
   Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing (DWDM) Networks.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ccamp-layer0-types/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

---

From: tom petch <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2020 17:21:09 +0100

I see a possible process problem with this I-D.  It provides common
YANG definitions for WSON and for flexi-grid and the WSON I-D is in
IETF Last Call alongside it so no problem there.  layer0-types has 
definitions for flexi-grid but they are not used anywhere that I can 
see. draft-ietf-ccamp-flexigid-yang is not in line with the current 
layer0-types (and looks like it has yet to catch up with 
ietf-te-topology).  There is also an expired 
flexigrid-media-channel-yang whose imports are quite unlike the current 
layer0-types.  So it seems to me that it will be a while before 
flexi-grid gets to the point where it will be apparent whether or not 
what is in layer0-types is suitable, by which time, layer0-types will be 
an RFC or well on its way there, and may then need revising to suit 
flexi-grid.

Tricky.

Tom Petch

> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "The IESG" <[email-masked]>
> To: "IETF-Announce" <[email-masked]>
> Cc: <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>; "Daniele Ceccarelli"
> <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>;
> <[email-masked]>
> Sent: Wednesday, September 16, 2020 9:44 PM
> Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-ccamp-layer0-types-06.txt> (A YANG Data
> Model for Layer 0 Types) to Proposed Standard
>
>