Subject: [CCAMP] WG review of I-D draft-zheng-ccamp-yang-otn-slicing

From: Aihua Guo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2021 15:48:48 -0400

Dear WG,

The authors have presented an updated revision of I-D
draft-zheng-ccamp-yang-otn-slicing at the IETF 111. This draft describes
use cases and concepts for realizing OTN technology-specific network
slices, and it develops YANG data models for OTN slice configurations and
realization at both the NBI and SBI.

Since the first revision was published, the authors have seen an increased
level of interest built around this draft. We would like to bring this
draft to the WG and your comments and reviews are greatly welcome to help
progress the draft to possible WG adoption.

A weekly call has been established among the authors every Thursday 10-11am
EST. The next call will resume on Sep 2nd and we welcome anyone interested
in this work to join the call. The meeting link will be forwarded upon
request.  A GitHub repository of this draft is also established and
available at https://github.com/aguoietf/ietf-ccamp-yang-otn-slicing.

Name:           draft-zheng-ccamp-yang-otn-slicing
Revision:       02
Title:          Framework and Data Model for OTN Network Slicing
Document date:  2021-07-12
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          16
URL:            https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-zheng-ccamp-yang-otn
-slicing-02.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zheng-ccamp-yang-otn-
slicing/
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-zheng-ccamp-yang-otn-slicing
Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-zheng-ccamp-yang-otn-slicing-02

Abstract:
   The requirement of slicing network resources with desired quality of
   service is emerging at every network technology, including the
   Optical Transport Networks (OTN).  As a part of the transport
   network, OTN can provide hard pipes with guaranteed data isolation
   and deterministic low latency, which are highly demanded in the
   Service Level Agreement (SLA).

   This document describes a framework for OTN network slicing and a
   YANG data model augmentation of the OTN topology model.  Additional
   YANG data model augmentations will be defined in a future version of
   this draft.

Thank you,
Aihua (on behalf of the authors and contributors)