Subject: [CCAMP] Yangdoctors last call review of draft-ietf-ccamp-l1csm-yang-15

From: Joe Clarke via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2021 05:41:13 -0800

Reviewer: Joe Clarke
Review result: Ready with Nits

I have been asked to review this draft and the L1CSM YANG module it includes on
behalf of YANG Doctors.  Overall, I think the draft/module is ready, but I did
find a few small issues.  First, please run "pyang -f yang" on this to
normalize its formatting.  There were a few spacing and other formatting issues
that will be cleaned up by doing this.  Other items are below:

In the header of the YANG module, you import ietf-layer1-types with a mark of
RFCYYYY.  In your comment below calling out RFCXXXX (i.e., this RFC) it would
be good to point the RFC Editor to YYYY as well.

===

In your identity definition section, you have a number of identity descriptions
which are self-referential.  Admittedly, this is one of my pet peeves, but if
you could add more clarifying description text to identities such as
one-way-delay, one-way-errored-second, etc. it would help implementors and
operators better consume the YANG module without always needing to refer to
external references.

===

Can time-interval be uint32 instead of int?  I do not thing a negative time
interval is possible/useful here.

===

The description of the grouping subscriber-l1vc-sls-service-attributes doesn't
look accurate.  This is not a value per se, but a collection of attributes.

===

In the /services/service list you explicitly have "mandatory true" for the key
service-id.  This is not needed since the key is mandatory.